Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,176   Online: 692

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Speaking of Kodak, I can practically recite this in my sleep:
    KODAK Films will be replaced if defective in manufacture, labeling, or packaging, or if damaged or lost by us or any Kodak subsidiary company. Except for such replacement, the sale or other handling of these films is without warranty or liability, even if defect, damage, or loss is caused by negligence or other fault. Since color dyes may in time change, color films will not be replaced for, or otherwise warranted against, any change in color.
    I'd say that putting it in a non-lightproof container is "defective packaging." Wouldn't you?

I've got to believe that Foma has a similar guarantee on their products.
    Look to see if there is a "subsidiary company" clause in their statement too. Hopefully that will cover you against third party negligence.

Regardless, get on the horn and complain.
    You are guaranteed to get no satisfaction until you do.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    hi John - yes, I'll certainly do that.
    I honestly doesn't know whether this happened in the Foma store OR in the polish one. I can't believe FOMA would do something this stupid, but on the other hand, the containers are "sealed" (the lid is fixed to the rest as a coke lid on a bottle), and I can't see a small photo shop do that...
    It also seems a lot of work for nothing if the Polish intermediate is supposed to have done it, if they are in exactly the same 1kg canisters as in the photo on the shop website... so maybe Foma indeed make a very basic mistake...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Because they lack sensibility?
    I used to work in Germany. One day a package of static sensitive electronic components arrived. With a big red sticker: "Contents are Sensible". Well, I certainly hoped so.

This use of "sensible" seems common in Europe. If you look in a Langenscheidt dictionary it is easy to see how the confusion arises.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 05-02-2010 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    It also seems a lot of work for nothing if the Polish intermediate is supposed to have done it, if they are in exactly the same 1kg canisters as in the photo on the shop website... so maybe Foma indeed make a very basic mistake...
    yes - the more I think of it, the more I think you're right.
    The bottles came in the original FOMA cardboard boxes - were sealed, so it seems to originate from FOMA.

I have now written the factory, explaining the problem - now we'll see whether they want to reply..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I used to work in Germany. One day a package of static sensitive electronic components arrived. With a big red sticker: "Contents are Sensible". Well, I certainly hoped so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    This use of "sensible" seems common in Europe. If you look in a Langenscheidt dictionary it is easy to see how the confusion arises.
    If something is not your mother tongue, it is very easy to make such a mistake, I could well have made it myself, and to be honest, it was only when I hit the reply button including the "Quote" option, that I actually noticed the error at all, even though having read the post more than once...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gandolfi

We can deliver materials in Danmark directly to customers. Free of shipping charge. See our main page for information.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavomir Polivka View Post
    Gandolfi

We can deliver materials in Danmark directly to customers. Free of shipping charge. See our main page for information.
    Slavomir: WOW; that was a surprice reply! I didn't know you were in here (but of course you would be..).

I have seen on your page that you can deliver to Copenhagen (and Gøteborg) without shipping charge (?), but I live in the very top of Denmark (much closer to Gøteborg than to Copenhagen).

What then?

(when I order ex liquid emulsion, I normally order at least 10 kg's at a time. Would that be a problem?)

best
    emil

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    UPDATE: damage control!

I just made a quick test. I went to the darkroom, and with a plastic tool, I removed gently the top layer (approx 1cm)of emulsion - then I took out a small amount of the remaining emulsion, and applyed it to paper - made a print, and look and behold... It looks like the rest of the emulsion is undamaged.

Thankfully I have been using the FOMA product for many years for my students also, so I have a lot of emty containers; all with BLACK, light proof lids! So now, I "just" have to replace the bad lids with good black ones..

I Still would like to hear more about our norwiegian "connection"! Sounds interesting, as I use other materials all the time..

Images
    I'm just impressed that at the "end of rant" you were still able to smile!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be no problem to deliver materials in north of Denmark. I just have to plan the route through your place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin