Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,210   Online: 785

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavomir,

As Norway is outside the European Union, are the euro prices on your site completely exclusive of tax?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. Our prices are exclusive of taxes. Tax could be added at the customs of your country. Depends of amout materials ordered.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for making that clear. As you're online, have you heard anything more about the fomatone emulsion on a white base paper that was mentioned sometime last year?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is´nt it Fomatone MG 532 II? Closes to white fomatone we´ve got?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavomir,

I think this was supposed to be a gloss surface. I'll try and find the reference:

http://www.timrudman.com/newsletters...009-newsletter

'The good news:
    Foma show no signs of reducing their range of excellent papers, which lith well. On the contrary, in addition to the recently introduced foma 123, with a surface similar to Agfa MCC they are shortly bringing out Fomatome 133, the Fomatone warm tone emulsion with the MCC-like surface. Freestyle should have this in stock in the next month or so.'

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Slavomir,

I think this was supposed to be a gloss surface. I'll try and find the reference:

http://www.timrudman.com/newsletters...009-newsletter

'The good news:
    Foma show no signs of reducing their range of excellent papers, which lith well. On the contrary, in addition to the recently introduced foma 123, with a surface similar to Agfa MCC they are shortly bringing out Fomatome 133, the Fomatone warm tone emulsion with the MCC-like surface. Freestyle should have this in stock in the next month or so.'

Tom
    I was just in Prague a couple of weeks ago - visited the FOMA store.
    He told me about this paper, and that it is on its way.
    He had examples of it, but not paper in the store yet.

however, the fotoSkoda (the big store) had it on the shelves...

So it is there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Emil,

This news is very interesting as I would use a lot more Fomatone MG if available in the new surface and colour. I should note that Tim Rudman published the comment on April 30, 2009. i.e. just over a year ago. Wasn't Foma supposed to have bought up some old Agfa stock to coat their Fomabrom Variant emulsion on, e.g. 111 type?

Is fotoSkoda a factory store?

Tom

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    This use of "sensible" seems common in Europe. If you look in a Langenscheidt dictionary it is easy to see how the confusion arises.
    This sentence in common swedish: Vad är du för en? Jag känner inte igen dig translated word for word would in english become: What are you for one? I feel not again you.

Känner can mean feel and know. Känna igen = feel again = recognize = get the feeling (again) about knowing (about) something/someone.

Sensitive = känslig in swedish, and the word have the same root as känna. It's also related to sensible.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have unfortunately not heard from the factory yet... but I just sent another mail, and attached a couple of images, so they (and you) can see the problem your selves...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails transperant-lid-1.jpg   transperant-lid-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    I have unfortunately not heard from the factory yet... but I just sent another mail, and attached a couple of images, so they (and you) can see the problem your selves...
    Wohow... :o that is not just a "little" bit transparent, but a whole lot... Now if they had inadvertently chosen red lids, the problem might have been a bit less acute...

Still, good to hear you managed to safe most of the emulsion.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin