Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,479   Online: 866

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is nice to see such a long conversation on this list no one saying anything about Polish jokes. Opps, guess I just did. Glad the product didn't come from College Station, TX. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dana.hojna@foma.cz

She is responsible for all photographic materials (and distributors) for Europe.
    So I can only recommend to keep in touch with her.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe there was supposed to be an opaque insert inside the lid? You know, a disk of heavy paper or similar that is often inside lids?

It's usually there to act as a seal, but would also block light.
    Last edited by lxdude; 05-05-2010 at 05:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    dana.hojna@foma.cz

She is responsible for all photographic materials (and distributors) for Europe.
    So I can only recommend to keep in touch with her.

Best regards,

Robert
    this is who I have mailed to - twice..

Waiting for a reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A likely scenario sounds like - Whether repackaged or not, it would have been done in darkness, once packaged gone onto the next chain of people who may not know that is a problem?

Good to know its salvageable.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

UPDATE:

I now have had contact with the FOMA factory (dana Hojna), and they are very political correct (read careful) in their writing, but as far as I can understand it, the mistake has happened at the factory - first time ever, this happened..

They express their condolances on my trouble, but they give no direct answer what to do now..

Except to take direct contact to the polish supplier..

Whether I get my money back, or I can get some fresh emulsion, or... time will tell, and I'll let you know.

emil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, at least they were honest enough to admit their fault. And how were you doing with the emulsion so far? You wrote you managed to safe most of it by removing the top layer, or has that shown to be a non-viable option in the end?

Some form of refund, in the form of a few new ones at least equal to the amount you had to throw away, might be in order...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    hi John - yes, I'll certainly do that.
    I honestly doesn't know whether this happened in the Foma store OR in the polish one. I can't believe FOMA would do something this stupid, but on the other hand, the containers are "sealed" (the lid is fixed to the rest as a coke lid on a bottle), and I can't see a small photo shop do that...
    I am very sorry for your trouble, but : if you write name of my country ,please write it PROPER : Polish. From big letter , like Danish, not danish.

In Poland we say : "cheap meat is for dogs", if you buy cheap ( Foma ) , what you expect ? Kodak quality ?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormur View Post
    I am very sorry for your trouble, but : if you write name of my country ,please write it PROPER : Polish. From big letter , like Danish, not danish.

In Poland we say : "cheap meat is for dogs", if you buy cheap ( Foma ) , what you expect ? Kodak quality ?
    well - I guess I am danish then...

Actually I hold FOMA products very high!

With regards to papers and especially liquid emulsion (I don't even know whether Kodak makes it(?)), I'll buy FOMA products ANY DAY!!

Cheaper? yes, a LOT!
    bad quality?? not by a long shot...

EVERY factory can make a mistake (I once bought a pack of colour negatives 4x5 from FUJI, and after development, the content proved to be slides... Wrong content in the right package....)
    Last edited by gandolfi; 05-13-2010 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin