Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,756   Online: 971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Alex;

You can buy a syringe here with an open end, but you cannot get the fine needle or anything that is related to it here in NYS. Too much regulation.

PE
    I'm in NH as well, but I can buy syringes with blunt needles in various gauges at the local hardware store. They are in the plastics fabrication section. The needles are not sharp, just metal tubes cut square. I think it would hurt quite a bit to inject yourself with them, so they are legal. Maybe NY state allows them too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. That is one thing I had overlooked.

All of my syringes use Luer fittings which is a standard. Do these, or will I have to buy the syringe as well?

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm in NH as well, but I can buy syringes with blunt needles in various gauges at the local hardware store. They are in the plastics fabrication section. The needles are not sharp, just metal tubes cut square. I think it would hurt quite a bit to inject yourself with them, so they are legal. Maybe NY state allows them too.
    The needles came with a 18 or 20 gauge needle on them. But for safety sake i'd go with the hardware store variety.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey, yeah! Blunt needles - I forgot about those...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Thanks. That is one thing I had overlooked.

All of my syringes use Luer fittings which is a standard. Do these, or will I have to buy the syringe as well?

PE
    They fit standard medical type syringes, but I'm not sure if these are Luer. I bought the blunt needles and they fit the medical type syringes I have.

Ron;
    Here in Montana you can get veterinary needles off the shelf at local farm supply stores. That is where we get the non needle type syringes available from us for small quantity measurements. I'm not sure the guage of the needles but can check if you would like me to. Also if you need somemore silver nitrate or other material the Formulary is more than happy to support your important work. Maybe if more of the sponsors here on APUG would/could step up to the plate we could actually fund some R&D that will benefit the entire APUG community. If each of the 30,000+- members listed at top of APUG home page each sent in $1 think how far your research could go with $30,000.00. The Formulary is willing to be a collection/distribution place for PE's R&D $'s if anybody is interested.
    Tell Suzi hi and the rock that broke her leg will be on the way to her very soon.
    Bud

Ron;
    Sorry I miss quoted. Apug has 41,345 members.
    Bud

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That’s a nice offer. I was getting to place an order and was going to try out some new products. I think I am going to skip stocking up on Kodak chemicals and order whatever I can from the Photographers Formulary to show my support.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 05-25-2010 at 11:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bud;

Thanks for your kind offer. We look forward to the rock as well.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Formulary/Bud Wilson View Post
    Ron;
    Here in Montana you can get veterinary needles off the shelf at local farm supply stores. That is where we get the non needle type syringes available from us for small quantity measurements. I'm not sure the guage of the needles but can check if you would like me to. Also if you need somemore silver nitrate or other material the Formulary is more than happy to support your important work. Maybe if more of the sponsors here on APUG would/could step up to the plate we could actually fund some R&D that will benefit the entire APUG community. If each of the 30,000+- members listed at top of APUG home page each sent in $1 think how far your research could go with $30,000.00. The Formulary is willing to be a collection/distribution place for PE's R&D $'s if anybody is interested.
    Tell Suzi hi and the rock that broke her leg will be on the way to her very soon.
    Bud

I order from you guys when i need chemicals. I would totally toss a dollar towards worthwhile research at the checkout as long as the results were open. I am a huge fan of open source business models.

I would never expect PE to donate his research for nothing, nor pretend that I have any business savy. But I am inspired by such incredible projects such as blender and gimp, not to mention linux, java... When information is spread around it creates a vibrant community and feeds creativity.
    Last edited by alexhill; 05-25-2010 at 07:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin