Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,301   Online: 1141

Shooter
    4x5 Format

another washing question

I am making the emulsion found here (also found in christopher james book). I was re-reading the text for the umph-teen time and i came across this.

Place the sheer white nylon fabric in the stainless steel wire mesh drainer in the mixing bowl and squeeze the ricer to create emulsion noodles that will fall into the center of the fabric. When the emulsion is completely noodled into the fabric, gather the edges of the cloth and secure them with a rubber band. Fill the bowl with cold tap water (add a few ice cubes) and move the noodle filled fabric around for about five minutes then let soak for five more without agitation. Change the water two more times and wash the noodles as before.
    I read this to mean 30 mins of noodle washing, looking somthing like this: 5 agitate, 5 soak, change water, 5 agitate, 5 soak, change water, 5 agitate, 5 soak.

Does that sound about right?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's how I read it too.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin