Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,396   Online: 1129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    check this images one has been made with liquid light the other one with black magic. The same dark room the same light. Should be something wrong in my steps i can't believe that different suppliers deliver the same expired or exposed product
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC2449.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by giadne View Post
    check this images one has been made with liquid light the other one with black magic. The same dark room the same light. Should be something wrong in my steps i can't believe that different suppliers deliver the same expired or exposed product
    I can see only one image which I think is the one that has worked

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks i have this description from Rollei also. I will try to redone it with less hot but developer? What do you think do i really need to by special developer LP-BROM 4 from the same supplier like Black magic? Can it influence so much?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    this one is from blackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	jhjhjh.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	19220 magic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Giadne,

First: I see two problems here: your coating technique can probably use a bit of improvement. I have used brushes too, but gotten better results. See the example below of Black Magic VC. I think you need to apply at least two or three coatings, to get a relatively even one. Besides that, keep in mind like someone else already posted, that BM needs a RED(!) safelight (and yes, it is necessary, I have tested another color too, and it was sensitive to a standard Ilford Orange / Brown safelight), so get a red one if you don't have one.

I don't think your image is really "black", I still see an image displayed, albeit faint (an eye, and the lower left jaw is still just visible), I think you need to work out the exposure better. Anyway, I don't think the water temperature should be the major issue, but if in doubt, measure it. It should be around 50-60 for melting the emulsion. I don't know what happens to emulsion if you have boiling water, but you said you waited for 10 minutes, so I think it might be OK.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    1. I'm sorry but the light is really red. IT's professional dark room in the photography academy.
    2. I coated 3 layers - the reason of this image is not so coated well is only that it's not a paper but board. Than on the paper i've got only black without any white on it at all. So i can't show it because i throw that away.
    3. Yes my brushing is not so good as i did it first time in y life.
    Can we contact may be as i can see you're from Netherlands too

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    And what kind of work on exposing time can be els if i've done tests from 99 to 1 second?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by giadne View Post
    Can we contact may be as i can see you're from Netherlands too
    Yes, you can contact me, see the Contact details on my website:

http://www.boeringa.demon.nl

You may phone as well, probably the easiest to discuss something...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All emulsions go bad with time. They end up totally black through fog. This can take from a few months to a few years. Any emulsion kept at or above 40 deg C will go bad in hours. Emulsions should be kept at about 3 - 7 deg C for optimum keeping, with short periods at 20 deg C for removal of samples. The samples for coating should be melted at 40 deg C and coated immediately.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've taken to using a plastic knife to chew out chunks of emulsion from the main bottle - These are then placed in a small jar for melting over hot water.
    I'm hoping that this will enable me to store the main bulk of the emulsion in the fridge for quite some time without degradation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin