Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,468   Online: 887

Thread: Lab setup

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lab setup

Some have asked me how my lab is set up.

Here are 3 pics to show some of it. More may come later.

1. Chemicals that do not need refrigeration. This includes surfactants and many dopants or doctors such as Cadmium Nitrate, Rhodium Chloride and Sodium Hydroxide. It includes solid chemicals behind the front row of dropper bottles of standard solutions.

2. Chemicals that need refrigeration such as Sensitizing dyes, Heavy metal solutions, Hardeners and some cold DW in the lower right corner. There is also a group of test films there ready for use in the lab.

3. Emulsions and test papers. There is Kodak Endura and Ilford MGIV there along with several cans of emulsions with double light tight plastic and double rubber bands in SS cans. There are two samples in light tight jars ready for shipping if needed. Some emulsions are a year old and some merely days old. The batches ranged from 100 g (small cans) to the bigger cans that were 500 g batches. The biggest cans contain up to 1 kg of blended emulsions that were tested to insure that blending was possible. Also on the top shelf is a small container of 10% gelatin for making test coatings or adjusting emulsions.

I hope this explains some of my work conditions to those who have asked.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shelf chems.jpg   Fridge door.jpg   main fridge.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think that first picture is my entire darkroom. When I'm not thinking.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have seen paradise.. So many different chemicals and bottles The inner nerd just went into a comma

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Many thanks PE. The photos are great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photos only represent the actual lab area. There are 3 metal shelves in a storage area that contain a lot more bulk chemistry for both emulsion making and processing. Also, there are miscellaneous storage areas for glassware, tubing and hardware. Electronics are stored in another room. Processed film and proof sheets along with albums are stored in another area. Cameras are all over the house.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin