Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,808   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When a photograph is sent to Plak-It, they remove the image from the paper, mount it on composite wood and laminate it with a uv filter. I have a place in Rochester New York that I use to mount my photos when I do not want to pay for matting and framing. The cost about three years ago was $15 for an 11"x14"; in Los Angeles the least expensive for exactly the same thing was $55 and a minimum order of ten. This company is much less than everyone else for this service. I use this for photos that I want to hang in the office or gifts. If you are interested send me an email or PM and I will give you the contact information.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbillbugman View Post
    Hi,
    Interesting. But isn't the image distorted? How do you transfer the boiled image image from the paper to the glass?
    Bill
    The hardest part is to flatten it, and push the wrinkles from center to the edge. I havent experienced much distortion, if any at all. Its a simple procedure, and only takes a few minutes in the hot water to start delaminating. Start peeling from the corners, and carefully work around and toward center.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin