Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,607   Online: 1053

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got it today. It's a wonderfully printed book. I didn't think I'd be getting it until sometime next week.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Make yourself comfortable. There is a lot of very interesting information in there. Makes you appreciate the precision and attention to detail that went into the products that perhaps many of us took for granted -- I know I did.

I would give my (insert appropriate anatomical part here) to work there.

Bob M.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, you guys that have the book now see what I have been talking about. It is not hard to make B&W single layer products in your lab, but beyond that..... Well, it takes a few body parts!!!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE,

I envy your time at Kodak. When you are done with your book / DVD, maybe you can write your own story....

Look at the caption under Figure 93 in the book:

" ...To reduce vibration each coating station is mounted on its own isolated concrete pedestal secured in bedrock 75 feet below ground level..."

This kind of detail is really going to make it hard to scale a coater down to basement size -- anybody see my arm and a leg?

Bob M.
    Last edited by rmazzullo; 08-14-2010 at 05:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got mine today. Very nice book. Can't wait to sit down and read it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mine is here - autographed as requested!

I'm going to start practicing picking up 69 pound weights with one hand, then get a job at EK, and then I can get my free ingot of silver!!!
    (See Fig. 58.)
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recieved mine over the weekend but have only had about 1/2 hour to leaf through it. Even with that I stand in awe of the process involved. I almost feel bad now for all the film I have abused over the years. Almost
    Turning negative into positive since 1975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Order placed. Can't wait to see the book!

Ash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine has arrived, and I must say, it looks very nice. Now I just need to make the time to read it!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmazzullo View Post
    PE,

I envy your time at Kodak. When you are done with your book / DVD, maybe you can write your own story....

Look at the caption under Figure 93 in the book:

" ...To reduce vibration each coating station is mounted on its own isolated concrete pedestal secured in bedrock 75 feet below ground level..."

This kind of detail is really going to make it hard to scale a coater down to basement size -- anybody see my arm and a leg?

Bob M.
    Bob's story is pretty much similar to mine except at a much smaller scale being in research.

The big production coater was prototyped in KRL in the form of J9 machine in B-59. See photos of the Park and look at B-59 there. The center of the top 2 floors was the J9 prototype production coater that used up to 11" wide paper or film. RC4 was in the basement across the front and RC1 was on the 6th floor across the front. The J4, J5, J6 and J8 machines were on the side facing away in the photo. SC4 was on the 1st floor diagonally across from my office on the side facing away from the photo.

Paper manufacturing ran up the side of the Park behind KRL away from the camera and film mfg. ran up the side closest to the camera.

You don't need the mounting pedestals if you are coating narrower widths or slower speeds and also we are much further away from Ridge Road and its heavy traffic.

PE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin