Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,725   Online: 854

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Mine is here - autographed as requested!

I'm going to start practicing picking up 69 pound weights with one hand, then get a job at EK, and then I can get my free ingot of silver!!!
    (See Fig. 58.)
    Mine was not!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My copy arrived yesterday. Looks very promising, judging from the half hour I spent browsing it.

The Ilford factory tour a few years ago was very, very interesting. This book might be a virtual tour of the Kodak factory and will be equally interesting, no doubt. (Although nothing beats actually being there.)

I'm going to read it front to back and then back again to the front.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My copy arrived down here yesterday too - I have skimmed through it and am now very much looking forwards to sitting down with a cup of tea and analysing it carefully...

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine arrived yesterday. I have quickly skimmed it, and it looks quite good. Very intersting shots of the packaging machinery, and work flow diagrams are good, as is the layer coating structure explanations. Understandably there are limited shots of the coating machines, but good diagrams. A longer read will happen in the future.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my copy the other day- quite an interesting read. Thanks for the heads up!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got my copy a couple of weeks ago - excellent book!!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been waiting impatiently, and today, finally received mine! This is really an AWESOME book. I can recommend this to everyone interested in film in any way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my copy just today on the post. It required only 4 days to arrive, even though send over the ocean.

I just skimmed it for a first impression. It is a really nice little booklet, it's main contents being the numerous photos with important details in the long captions explaining them. The booklet is a really nice complement to the 1958 Kodak "How film is made" documentary I posted about here on APUG in the past. It will be interesting to see and discover the differences and similarities caused by the half a century time laps and advances in technology.

Photo's and illustrations are clear. I am looking forward to make my way through it reading.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Received my copy a while back. It's a terrific book. Not all the way through it yet and I've already had several light bulb moments.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin