Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I like the photo! But things have sure changed in the last 13 years!

Sorry, just joking!

Did EK make you guys wear suits in the Research Lab? Do you have silver nitrate burns in your suit like your lab coat?
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kirk;

Yes, things change! I wore a suit because I had a lot of people doing things for me, but I had whites and a locker and a lab coat at EK and I did work in the lab and I did do my own work. I've destroyed several lab coats and shirts at work and at home.

I made melts for my coatings and made a lot of copper emulsions and coatings with polymers, and made dye bleach coatings. So, I have had my share of lab work. I used to bring work home in terms of paper to process or solutions to test out. I tested some Ektacolor 37 that I coated on J9 at EK in 8x10 and 11x14. I had the first chemical mixes here.

But, that is gone. Now I work for myself and worry my hair gray. And now I am losing it (the hair, not anything else).

So, to end this ramble, Kirk, you look quite different than some of the photos on your web site. Things do indeed change. Like hair!

PE

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    have you tried the emulsion as it is to see if it works? Before you start over from scratch you might as well give it a shot, really what have you got to louse?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    have you tried the emulsion as it is to see if it works? Before you start over from scratch you might as well give it a shot, really what have you got to louse?
    I have a standard test of every emulsion in which it is coated on a standard paper, given a standard exposure and then processed in a standard developer. That way, I can tell how it compares with my expectations and with previous emulsions. This one looked to be about ISO 25 (raw with no sensitization) and very foggy, grainy and low in contrast.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hehe - my photo on my website is over 25 years old! I'm both fatter and balder now! At least my hair was falling out faster than the grey was coming in so it never got grey. So far, that is...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Missed it by this much!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Ray, we have met in person. Is the picture that bad? Marty's dad? Aaaaaaaa!

PE

uh, That's in color Chief... in B/W, you look more like a young Clark Kent!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I had hoped for a degree of seriousness in this thread, but it is turning into a thread about my hair and Kirk's hair.

Ray, someday, it may be your hair that is being commented on! Or your mustache.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, members will eventually get over the new look. Hang in there.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotch, I like the new avatar. Lets talk about your mustache! You look like one of the guys on our project. Dave had a mustache just like yours.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, your new avatar inspired me to have a more serious image.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin