Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,369   Online: 721

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Reusable photochromic film and scanning device

Sometimes I am writing to APUG about some basic ccd making threads but moderators becomes furious .
    I thinked 30 seconds and found a new idea .
    Photochromic technology is a eyeglass technology which a glass or plastic darkens when illuminated and return to its transparent state at dark.
    This forum is based on silver and I decided to use silver halides in emulsion or resin.
    OK , some factory coats 35 mm film with a resin silver halide mix and coat it on to acetat gelatin base and sell it in a normal package . Someone buy it and take photographs. He winds the film after taking picture and a magnetic tape reader reads the film and records somewhere. When the 36 finishes , they all turn to transparent state and you use the film again
    This can be applied to LF and a plate can be used and scanned again and again.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As usual with your post's sir, I think this is a fascinating idea.

The question is, could the silver in the film be read by a magnetic head, akin to magnetic tape?

From a historical perspective, how did the earliest "electronic" cameras operate? Surely some of you have seen this.... http://www.retrothing.com/2008/05/kodaks-first-di.html

Your propsal raises an interesting question.... what ways are there to record an image, in a camera, electronically, without it being digital? Afterall, video was analog for 50 years or so, and recorded onto magnetic tape.

An interetsing proposition as usual Umut!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photochromism has been considered once as a means to form micrography inter-positives

And reusable film is applied.
    Think of Computed Radiography with its re-used sensitive foils. Sensitive to X-ray radiation...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Mr.Holmes ,

I thinked this idea with many others when I thinked to think about something is necessary for analog people. Now I am reading Tintins and having great time. Magnetic tape reader idea is really great and digital recording did not reach its quality. I dont know whether silver is magnetic or not but may be other magnetic inorganic crystals would be able to used.
    And this film have infinite life. You dont need to buy new film.
    And if silver is magnetic , this is a new scanner technology also.
    And there is photochromic chemicals also. May be a chemical sensor could be used as a scanner also .
    May be someone can bleach the silver and replace it with magnetic pigments to be magnetic scanning.
    Or you can tone the print or film with silver halides or others to change the tones with heat or light.
    This makes multigrade paper or film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you AgX.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin