Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,724   Posts: 1,515,024   Online: 1216

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Non silver based emulsion

Ron ,

May be answer is hidden in the depths of Alternative Photography. But I want to ask , is there any chemical invention from Kodak , Agfa or any other , which chemical is available at the market for making non silver based cheaper faraway cheaper emulsions ?

I heard american companies are famous to dig deep inventors. Is there any whisper or patent , you saw , heard and share with us ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you can use your skin.
    it's the cheapest.

Next you can try apples, mellons and large leaves.

One can also image w/ red blood or green plant life (perhaps alge)

Forget modern emulsions and do something that will take one's breath away.

Why do people insist on doing in their kitchen or bathroom for 29 cents what huge multi million dollar companies did in mile huge complexes/combinats ?

You can image with many things

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting that. Some might have thought I wasn't serious, just being flippant or something, but this sort of thing is interesting and has unexplored potential.

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are not made by the film/paper companies, but there are many hand-applied emulsions one can mix that do not use silver, yet are capable of perfectly "photo-realistic" results. They can be fairly economical processes. They must be contact printed, however, so one must enlarge onto transparencies or print onto them from a computer. Take a look at the Christoper James alternative processes book for some ideas.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To go with what Ray suggests: I had the idea of taping negatives to your body for a day out in the sun. Come home at night and you're left with a lovely "tanned" image on your skin. Red results can be obtained by exposing too long... but there is the possiblity of skin cancer if you let the hobby get out of hand.

Alternativey, find yourself a sunscreen that can be imbibed to a gelatin matrix and "dye-transfer" that to your skin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How could an image be stored, without a CCD intermediary, on magentic tape?

I love tape.

http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/24406/?a=f

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cuprous Oxide is quite light sensitive and has an inherent speed similar to an ordinary enlarging paper.

You have to precipitate it in a special medium and then coat it. Processing uses ordinary dilute Sulfuric Acid. You can fix it with hypo. The emulsion is bright orange indicating that it is somewhat Ortho sensitive and the resulting image is a bit unstable and oxidizes rapidly in air. Toning is possible.

The details probably only appear in a Defensive Publication or a Research Disclosure. I don't believe any patents were filed.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa, interesting!~

Perhaps the Xerox principle could get an image on magnetic tape.... but it's too pointless to spend much time thinking about this right now..

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ron ,

Is it copper oxide ? It must be very cheap. But how is it comes ? Thin powder , nano powder or bigger form ? Sulfuric acid is pee and forgers pee on to copper antiques copies underground to simulate the patina of aged copper or bronze. Copper oxide can also be green as Statue of Liberty.

Umut

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin