Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,986   Online: 980

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Corona treatment system works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgbV766dqQ

As you can see, it works! --- finally!

I'll publish instructions to make one later, however this project needs some understanding of electronics and is somewhat dangerous

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, the Super Killing Machine HRST 2001 PRO is working! It looks seriously dangerous, like sticking a screwdriver into an TV set or something.

Great stuff.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I liked the resulted film and the clean construction of the electronics. I am interested in CW and you must see how people work as extremelly dirty , terrible electronics and mors with 1 watt from Alaska to England.
    After seeing this , I decided to build this software radio stuff.

Yes , really great and fast.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    hrst ,

If you make a tutorial for manhattan construction for your electronics , people would have fun the construction.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations.

I am interested in the voltage and amperage used as well as any other details you might wish to share.

Thanks.

Be careful.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That, is awesome.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I am interested in the voltage and amperage used as well as any other details you might wish to share.
    Mains voltage (230 VAC) is rectified and filtered with capacitor to 320 VDC, which is then chopped to 26 kHz square wave by using a H bridge of four MOSFETs, which is fed to a self-made transformer with 60 turns in primary winding and 600 turns in secondary winding. Current-limiting resistor is in series with primary winding, limiting it to about 2 A in case of accidental arcing.

The result seems to be around 4.8 kV(rms), 26 kHz, and can give 200 mA of current with the series resistor, or more if it's removed. Of course using such a small electrode, it won't take this much current, but it's good to have some reserve in the power supply. In fact, I think this could supply a kilowatt or more...

Electrode is just an aluminium tube, with PVC tape in both ends to create the air gap of about 1 mm in the middle. The ground plate should be covered with some dielectric that prevents arcing if you want to treat the edges, too.
    Last edited by hrst; 11-10-2010 at 04:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Mains voltage (230 VAC) is rectified and filtered with capacitor to 320 VDC...
    Ah, that's the huge black cylindical thing eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    Ah, that's the huge black cylindical thing eh?
    Yeah. 450V 1000 µF IIRC. Smaller (around 300 µF) would do but had those lying around at the club...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing some coatings made on the surface you create. Remember that this can cause fog if it is too "heavy" and stripping of the emulsion if it is too "weak".

PE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin