Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 956

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a side note: am behind times too, with Kirk and Bill.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't think I'm a total Luddite - I do own a cell phone, and I do occasionally carry it. But it's almost always turned off. I know it's selfish of me, but it's for me to to make calls on, not for everyone to be able to contact me at any time of day.

That said, my wife reminds me that I'm living in the 80s. And I have to agree - I just bought an E-Mu Emulator II sampling keyboard from 1984. It's not completely orginal as it has one of original two 5.25" floppy drives replaced with a 3.5" floppy. You know it's hard to find 3.5" DS/DD floppies these days? Actually, any 3.5" DS/HD disks are getting harder to findI've been using DS/HD ones as the Emulator and my Roland S-50 sampler both were made before high density floppies were commercially available and they just assume the HD disks are Double Density disks.

Sorry for the off-topic!
    Last edited by Kirk Keyes; 12-27-2010 at 06:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The cell phone is the 21st century pocket watch... everything just comes full circle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    The cell phone is the 21st century pocket watch... everything just comes full circle.
    Aah, if it only had all those little gears... (Very OT: my favourite one is this; http://www.johnsphones.com/ - not perfect but close.)

Denise,

good to see that the literature list is revised. And the .pdf file of the book will come in handy, I'll print it and read off-line. Just don't get me started on the topic of the virtues of books or the feel of nice watercolour papers...

And I loved the Gollum reference - spot on!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin