Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,384   Online: 1067

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Sounds like the Possible Project to me ;-)
    I agree. We need to make certain that the next few thousand rolls of "found" Kodachrome get due justice.

Manufacturing new film may be a Herculean task, but processing found film should be possible.

Ron, back in the barn.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Isnt remjet just carbon powder in a glue? (a glue that falls apart and dissolves very quickly in alkaline solution)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Athiril ,

Try to find using movie films at the camera , threads. There is all formulas available to dissolve the ramjet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Athiril ,

Try to find using movie films at the camera , threads. There is all formulas available to dissolve the ramjet
    http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/...=20919&start=0

About 2/3 of the way down the page. Look for a posting richard p. t. » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 am

Gotta run. I haven't read this thoroughly yet. It may or may not be useful.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually Michael, you are not totally wrong. This film will be expensive and labor intensive to make, but covering the development costs will add to the sale price. Then, tack on processing! No, you won't get this for a low low price. A B&W film made by these methods could run as high as $5 per 4x5 sheet.

That is one of the problems of sustaining any analog product. It takes a huge physical plant and a huge staff of trained people even if you are making small runs.

The future may be in hand made products, as I have said before.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Answering two questions here:

... You must divide the color developer into 3 parts and add the cyan, magenta and yellow couplers to those 3 parts as outlined in the patent to Bent and Mowrey. There are 3 couplers given there, but others can be used. The problem is getting them and paying for them.

... red reexpose, red/cyan develop, wash, blue reexpose, blue/yellow develop, wash, fog and green/magenta develop, wash, then finish with the rest of the E6 process. It is actually that simple and is possible!

PE
    I really appreciate PE's help and especially the effort on preserving analog photography.

My questions are, does that means the only (mainly) chemicals required to have color image are cyan couplers, magenta couplers, and yellow couplers in additional to E-6 chemicals?

What are cyan, magenta, and yellow couplers? Who manufactures/distributes/retails them ? Is it affordable? If nowhere to buy or too expensive, any alternatives?

(I hope those cyan/magenta/yellow couplers can be found in the inkjet cartridges inside the Epson printer sitting in front of me . )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Anyhow after rem-jet removal, you then develop in E6 1st developer, wash, red reexpose, red/cyan develop, wash, blue reexpose, blue/yellow develop, wash, fog and green/magenta develop, wash, then finish with the rest of the E6 process.
    OK, let me ask some questions. But first let me rewrite the steps.

01) rem-jet removal
    02) develop in E6 1st developer
    03) wash
    04) red reexpose
    05) red/cyan develop
    06) wash
    07) blue reexpose
    08) blue/yellow develop
    09) wash
    10) fog
    11) green/magenta develop
    12) wash
    13-18)then finish with the rest of the E6 process (I'll straighten this out later).

Step 04, red reexpose is done through the back of the film? Through the side where we just recently removed the rem-jet backing? Yes or no?

And is it important to protect the other side, which ever side is the other side, from exposure to the light at this stage?

And this is done with red light of a certain frequency? Or with white light?

MB
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    (I hope those cyan/magenta/yellow couplers can be found in the inkjet cartridges inside the Epson printer sitting in front of me . )
    Man wouldn't that be just too sweet. I doubt it, but if so I'm buying ink jets.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    I really appreciate PE's help and especially the effort on preserving analog photography.

My questions are, does that means the only (mainly) chemicals required to have color image are cyan couplers, magenta couplers, and yellow couplers in additional to E-6 chemicals?

What are cyan, magenta, and yellow couplers? Who manufactures/distributes/retails them ? Is it affordable? If nowhere to buy or too expensive, any alternatives?

The couplers can be found in the Kodachrome patent by Bent and Mowrey which is 3658525 IIRC. If not, let me know. My search on Freepatentsonline.com keeps crashing on me with an error message.

They are NOT inks nor are they normally related to inks. These are colorless chemicals that become dyes when treated with film in the presence of a color developer.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The red reexposure is done through the base from which the rem-jet was just removed.

The front side must be protected!

The red exposure nominally uses a WR70 red filter, and the intensity and time must be such that the other layers are not fogged.

The blue exposure is also a WR filter, and must be carefully controlled to prevent fogging the green layer.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin