Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,641   Online: 787

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The process of claim 6 in which said yellow color developing composition contains a diffusible acylacetanilide yellow-dye-forming coupler and a color developing agent selected from the class consisting of N-ethyl-N-methoxyethyl-3-methyl-p-phenylenediamine, N-ethyl-N-methoxybutyl-3-methyl-p-phenylenediamine, N-ethyl-N-ethoxyethyl-3-methyl-p-phenylenediamine, N-ethyl-N-methoxyethyl-3-propyl-p-phenylenediamine, N-ethyl-N-methoxyethyl-3-methoxy-p-phenylenediamine and N-ethyl-N-butoxyethyl-3-methyl-p-phenylenediamine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ron , I think below list is ok , I could not find cyan chemicl name . Do you accept the list ?

cyan coupler is selected from the class consisting of a phenol and a naphthol; said magenta coupler is a 5-pyrazolone coupler and said yellow coupler is an acylacetacetamide.

yellow :1-Hydroxy-N-(2-acetamidophenethyl)- 2-naphthamide
    link :http://www.coleparmer.com/1/1/38773-...amide-10g.html

magenta :1-(2,4,6-Trichlorophenyl)-3-(p-nitroanilino)-2-pyrazoline-5-one
    link :http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/pr...sp?sku=8835888

cyan :acylamino phenols
    link :http://patimg1.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=...iew+first+page

patent :2423730

google patents :http://www.google.com/patents/about?...BAJ&dq=2423730

Shooter
    35mm
    It appears that the dye couplers used in Kodachrome K-14 color developers are listed in the Material Safety Data Sheets for the K-Lab chemicals. These can be viewed here:
    http://www.siri.org/msds/gn.cgi?query=k-lab
    Unfortunately I can't copy and paste right now, or I'd copy the exact dye coupler names. They are quite obvious though.
    Edit: maybe I was too quick; looking deeper doesn't make it seem so obvious at all.
    Last edited by d235j; 01-01-2011 at 01:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    d235j ,

Happy New Year and Welcome to APUG.

Thank you for the tip , They are not obvious for me so the others. So if you know or if you can do something please contribute.

I will read the notes , I hope I would be sure about my research.

Thank you and Very good start to Forum.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.siri.org/msds/gn.cgi?quer...artial&start=0

K 14M latest kodachrome developer msds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Athiril ,

Try to find using movie films at the camera , threads. There is all formulas available to dissolve the ramjet
    I have 4000 ft of movie film. I use it. I dont need a formula, any simple alkaline solution makes it dissolve. For stills in a hand tank, alkaline solution + agitation removes almost all of it, traces are left that can be wipe off after the developer stage. I've even run it through developer without removing remjet first, doesn't stick to the film like people say, it's suspended in developer. If you dont intend to keep/reuse the developer, I haven't found a problem with that.. as long as it's not activated carbon I guess.. which may cause potential issues.. though I doubt it over a short developing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Actually Michael, you are not totally wrong. This film will be expensive and labor intensive to make, but covering the development costs will add to the sale price. Then, tack on processing! No, you won't get this for a low low price. A B&W film made by these methods could run as high as $5 per 4x5 sheet.

That is one of the problems of sustaining any analog product. It takes a huge physical plant and a huge staff of trained people even if you are making small runs.

The future may be in hand made products, as I have said before.

PE
    That's how much it cost me for Pro 160S in 4x5..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is interesting to note that all of the MSDS sheets seem to omit the coupler and other major ingredients. It is also interesting that all of these sheets list CD4 as the Color Developer for the yellow layer, but they use CD6 for the yellow color developer. I'll have to look up the couplers I do have.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you PE ,

I banged my head to the same wall.

Thank you for coupler information promise.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, let me ask a few more questions? To recap first:

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The red reexposure is done through the base from which the rem-jet was just removed.

The front side must be protected!

The red exposure nominally uses a WR70 red filter, and the intensity and time must be such that the other layers are not fogged.

The blue exposure is also a WR filter, and must be carefully controlled to prevent fogging the green layer.

PE
    Refined steps below.

For step 04, do we know the light dose required? And do we know the intensity not to exceed? Is there a lower threshold as well? It seems illogical that one could expose for hours with a very feeble light and expect to get good results.

Or do these values have be determined experimentally?

For step 07, is WR47 the correct blue filter? That's the blue color separation filter.

Likewise, for step 07, do we know the light dose required? And do we know the intensity not to exceed? Is there a lower threshold as well?

Preliminary listing of mechanical steps.

01) Warm bath Akaline wash for rem-jet removal (Athiril understands how to do this. The process may need slight improvement to assure complete removal for the red reexposure to be complete. Speckles are not good.)

01a) Flush to clear clear

02) develop in E6 1st developer

03) wash

04) red reexpose through film base with WR70 filter for X lumen-seconds where lumen(dot) does not exceed Q. Do not allow exposure of emulsion side.

05) red/cyan develop (Mustafa has tracked down the coupler chemicals, but we don't know exact process yet.)

06) wash

07) blue reexpose emulsion side with WR?? filter for Y lumen-seconds where lumen(dot) does not exceed P.

08) blue/yellow develop (Again, Mustafa has tracked down the coupler chemicals, but we don't know exact process yet.)

09) wash

10) fog

11) green/magenta develop (And again, Mustafa has tracked down the chemicals, but we don't know exact process yet.)

12) wash

13-18)then finish with the rest of the E6 process (I'll straighten these steps out later).
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael;

The blue filter must be narrow. I believe it is a WR98. The time and intensity are critical and differ for each of the 3 Kodachrome films, 25, 64 and 200. The Daylight differs from the Tungsten as well. They must be individually determined but once done it will remain constant. I do not have information on this. GWTW. Sorry.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin