Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1257

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is not off-the-shelf, and IDK where I might get another roll. It was a sample given to me.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey, how about this "Plastic Cake Wrap" for acetate base? See the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Cake-W...ref=pd_sbs_k_3

(If the link doesn't show correctly, I entered "acetate roll" at Amazon)

I admit to not knowing much about this but I know I had seen something like the roll of material in the picture and was able to find it again. It is available in several different widths and sheets also seem to be available.

The same sort of thing is listed at www.bakedeco.com. Google "cake wrap" or "cake collar" for more listings.

And if this is all out in left field, well... then "never mind." (think "Emily Latella" here)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably left field!

The acetate must be subbed with a material that is "friendly" to the acetate and to the film, otherwise the emulsion will not stick.

Thanks anyhow.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    LOL, there's always a a catch! I didn't think about that. What do you need to do for "subbing"? From your comments in the forums I guess it isn't something easy to do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a formula for subbing here somewhere. It involves organic solvents mixed with organic polymers and gelatin along with acetic acid. Basically, it is both hydrophobic and hydrophylic or you might say it has a bipolar disorder.

It does require a fume hood and lots of ventilation to coat.

Estar subbing is entirely different than Acetate subbing. Estar often requires electron bombardment to give it a tooth. See posts by HRST.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin