Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,241   Online: 825

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Can trichrome Autochrome be on color film and suitable film / filter matching

As you know , I had been posted the original Autochrome RGB Spectrums. I am thinking to order a filter set from labs specially made for match the colors of Autochrome.

It will be a trichrome process.

I am looking for someone - May be Ron can do it , I dont know yet - to draw the curves of each filter with including bw or color film sensivity . Who can do it and what cost ?

Can filter guys can do it ?

Second , can trichrome photography could be done with color film , is it suitable for that ?

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If I am not mistaken Dinesh was talking about this the other day, I will see what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    As you know , I had been posted the original Autochrome RGB Spectrums. I am thinking to order a filter set from labs specially made for match the colors of Autochrome.

It will be a trichrome process.

I am looking for someone - May be Ron can do it , I dont know yet - to draw the curves of each filter with including bw or color film sensivity . Who can do it and what cost ?

Can filter guys can do it ?

Second , can trichrome photography could be done with color film , is it suitable for that ?

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What exactly do you mean by using color film?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What do you mean with asking What exactly do I mean by using color film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mean, what exactly is the purpose of color film in the autochrome? Will it be used behind the screen, as the recording emulsion? That's what I mean.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Read my post again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Umut, of course I've read it.

You ask, "Second , can trichrome photography could be done with color film , is it suitable for that ?". That's a rather open ended question. I mean, for one, it already is trichrome photography. Do you mean utilizing the color film as the screen-plate emulsion? Do you mean making filters with color film? Do you mean making 3 separate exposures through filters onto 1 sheet of color film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let me try to explain again. I want to reach the most perfect possible color mixture with ordering or making 3 different colored color filters. R , G and B for each filter.
    Problem

I have posted commercial RGB filters spectrums and autochrome screen spectrums and they were different.

Solution ;

is to order special spectrum filters from astronomy or remote sensing filter supplier.

Problem ,

Whatever you do with these filters , modern film emulsions do not match.

Solution ,

is to engineer these filters to modern emulsions.

Problem

is it possible or color films works better.

Here we came to my point.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hard to determine what you are intending to do.

The Lumiere Autochrome system did not use color film but a standard BW emulsion. It is amazing that it worked at all for the emulsions were only blue sensitive. So far it seems no one has been able to duplicate this process.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-29-2011 at 02:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    It is amazing that it worked at all for the emulsions were only blue sensitive. .
    That's not the case, it was most certainly panchromatic, save for some small deficiencies in the red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin