Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,819   Online: 973

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    I just got my 1971 Honda CB100 out of the shop... a far cry from your bike I'm afraid. haha,

Cheers,
    Oh, you take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in "Rochester" befooore Ye.

Your bike can go places mine can't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by studiocarter View Post
    Oh, you take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in "Rochester" befooore Ye.

Your bike can go places mine can't.
    That's probably true. I think I could probably jump a curb and go through a front yard if I had to; it's incredibly nimble.

Newt, Ron (PE) does this pretty regularly and will keep doing it I suspect. It's an expense for sure, but no more than any vacation you might do. We are very lucky to have this opportunity.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The run up from Pittsbugh should be fun. I've driven that route back and forth more than I can count, as Pittsubrgh is my home town. I still have family there. Just be careful if there is any rain. Those roads are bumpy in places and the big rigs hog I-90 east and west. Also, when you get to Angola, you are 1/2 way there! And, I-90 has tolls at the border and at Buffalo.

As for the course, I should remark here that GEH does NOT cancel courses, and so I will be teaching regardless of class size. Also, several of my associates have said that they will join us (their schedule permitting) for some of the classes and lunches to answer your questions. In addition, the lunch the first day is provided by GEH.

See you there!

Ron

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This course was so great. And I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and everyone there.

Thanks Ron!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

It was great meeting all of you guys too.. I just got back from GEH about an hour ago. I picked up everything and Mark and I made sure the lab was clean. I can say this. Michael was somewhat shorter than I expected.......!!!!

He would never fit in my home darkroom.

Best wishes to you all.

Ron
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 10-06-2011 at 03:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Yea, I need to be very careful in antique stores as well. Move very slowly one foot at a time, turn, look around, move a little bit more...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a good group we had!

I enjoyed meeting everyone and the course itself was invaluable. I'm also amazed at how easy the Azo emulsion is to make.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, yeah... rub it in, just do that!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wanna know when the next class is. I gotta break down and meet this Ron guy.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rub it in Chris. Just keep it up.

The next workshop is tentatively scheduled for Spring 2012. No fixed date and actually the subject matter is under review. I'll let you know as soon as I know. There are about 4 choices under review.

1. Azo type in 3 grades. - 3 days
    2. Kodabromide type in 2 grades. - 4 days
    3. ISO 40 Ortho film and plate. - 4 days
    4. Film system design (testing premade papers and films/plates) Days TBA

Mark and I are discussing the options and plan (as usual) some dry runs of the selected workshop. Tiego is leaving in November IIRC, so both of us will be without lab assistants. Anyone willing to volunteer????

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin