Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,729   Online: 832

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Coating video and information on assembling instant film packs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks!

Really nice to see this instant film production line at work, also the comparison with some of the Kodak equipment and the photos in Robert Shanebrook's book "Making Kodak film", as you can clearly see some superficial similarities in the coating operations at work.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Added the video to the APUG video section:

http://www.apug.org/forums/media.php
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    incredible.
    Why do the examples of PX look so crap?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would have to ask someone at TIP that question!

Thanks Marco. I should have thought of that.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Thanks Marco. I should have thought of that.
    The APUG Video section seems to be a bit a "forgotten" section on APUG. Strange, since I remember Sean setting it up upon request by APUG members... For some inexplicable reason, even though I was never one of those requesting it, I became top contributor, with only a handful of others posting links.

I would have expected much more participation. Anyway, the number of views on the videos is quite good, although not sky rocketing like on YouTube where the originals are.

Maybe people think they need to upload the videos to APUG, which isn't the case, it is just a bunch of links to videos elsewhere. Really easy to add a link to an existing video elsewhere, just copy the browser HTTP adress.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting. Thanks, Ron and Marco.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at this video carefully, I realize that the Kodak version of the slide hopper is subtly different than the one shown. I guess that is to be expected.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    ...the Kodak version of the slide hopper is subtly different than the one shown.
    Just curious, did/does Kodak own patents on the slide hopper?

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes they did. I don't have the patent # here, but I've posted it here someplace. The inventor was Russell. I have some diagrams and the patent reference in my book.

I don't believe that the curtain coater was patented or disclosed. I think it was a manufacturing secret. At least I never saw a patent on it, nor was I allowed to see one in operation. My work only used it one time IIRC. Of course, I used the slide coater quite frequently, sometimes every other week.

Hah. after I put this up, I remembered that one example in a patent of mine used the curtain coater and probably referenced a patent if there was one. I'll have to look that up!

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 06-27-2011 at 09:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add paragraph at end.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin