Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 753

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    PE,
    Speaking of Halation, is not the pupose of the yellow dye in Jim Browning's matrix emulsion anti-Halation? And that just brought to my mind-A yellow dye Could be a blue accelorater, could it not? But it might supress the green and Red senisizers.
    The legendary "panchromatic sensitizing dyes". Do you know enough about them to have one synthesized?
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The yellow dye in Jim Browning's Matrix Film is not for halation. It is to limit penetration of light into the coating, which is exposed from the base, so that the image is sharp and limited to the base region. As the emulsion hardens in the tanning developer, it then adheres strongly to the base.

As for dyes, I am investigating getting about 6 grams or so of 3 water soluble dyes.

1. Green sensitive.
    2. Red sensitive.
    3. Pan sensitive.

An IR dye may come later. This is due to the fact that IR dyes are on the Honeywell site.

The dyes I select will not contain Se, nor will they be subject to "J" aggregation.

More information in a few weeks.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I emailed Honeywell about their IR dyes a few days, but no reply. Do they deal with individuals?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Andrew,
    Someone from Honeywell called me regaring my inquiry concerning KF576 S PINA, The emulsion capable of forming J aggrigates. She ask about quantity and I told her honestly, just a few grams. She said that she would speak to Manufacturng and get back to me. She has not.
    Bill
    I

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill. I guess we are just small fry. I'm in no hurry. I'll wait to see if PE comes up with something.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The yellow dye in Jim Browning's Matrix Film is not for halation. It is to limit penetration of light into the coating, which is exposed from the base, so that the image is sharp and limited to the base region. As the emulsion hardens in the tanning developer, it then adheres strongly to the base.

A

PE
    PE exposure from the base ,with yellow dye inhibiting exposure further "up" is probably why it works as a matrix film ? With more light ,proportional to the negative density,penetrating further and yeilding higher areas after hardening and clearing.
    What about halation ? Should we ignore it, like I have been doing, or might it be an issue for color separation work?
    My sugestions about which dyes to try were based on old papers and I do not think that I can out-do you as far as picking dyes is concerned.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Andrew,
    Assuming that you can obtain some IR sensitizer, what will be your darkroom elumination? A narrow yellow band?
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I may have located a source for custom dyes in custom quantities....

Any interest?

PE
    At http://www.corchim.ru/catalog/Phot-sen_PH.html they seem to have various spectral sensitizing dyes for AgX...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bill, I really don't know. I may become a mole.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
    At http://www.corchim.ru/catalog/Phot-sen_PH.html they seem to have various spectral sensitizing dyes for AgX...
    I sent them an email in English. Maybe someone there can read it.
    Bill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin