Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,315   Online: 950

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Specific Spectral Sensityzing Dyes-Anyone Interested ?

Hello to everyone,
    A few years ago PE recommended,on another Thread, red and green sensitizing dyes from from H.W. Sands. I purchased these dyes for $150/g and have been working with them ever since.
    Now, H.W.Sands has quoted the same red sensitive dye at $395/g. Is there anyone out there who,like me, wants to follow PE's reccomendation and try this dye. I am thinking along the lines of a "shared purchase".
    The dye arrives in dry form and must be weighed on an analiticle balance, then disolved in methanol and refridgerated.. After a couple of years at 4C, it still "works".
    I have requested a quote from Honywell on another red sensitizing dye that, like the H.W. Sands dye is a green sensitizing dye, but will form "J aggrigates" and become a red sensitizing dye.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    PM sent
    - Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK - I'm in.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Great Kirk ! That brings us to 3, possibly 4. I think that 4 is plenty. 250mg each aint that many emulsions at 150-200mg/mole of Ag. Most of you are not the emulsion making maniac that I am . But the price of silver is slowing even me down.
    There is the matter of what we want to do about H.W. Sands minimum order of $500. Do you want to purchase some green sensitive dye. I have a pretty good ammount of SDE3008. That I have used at only 100mg/m. I am perfectly willing to give some of that to all participants. If your serious enough to buy expensive dyes, your experience can only help me. Please note that I had to disolve the 3008 at only 0.2% in methanol, whereas the 3057 is at 1%.. I am also looking into the pricing of some red and green sensitizing dyes from Honeywell. IDK if they are any cheaper, or even if they will work as well as the Sands dyes.
    Bil

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My 4th buyer just fell through. I will wait until Wednesday. Then I will place the order. Remember everybody. It is not just me advocating this dye as a red sensitizer,. PE is the person who first recommended it.
    Bill

I'm interested in IR dyes...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Andrew,
    I don't know whether the J agrigate of SDA3057 absorbs in the IR range. I know of no spectrum measured of the J agrigate.
    Honeywell offers 2 IR sensitizers. Search "honeywell Dyes"
    Good Luck
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www51.honeywell.com/sm/specia...zers.html?c=23

If you click on any one of the dyes from the list and then hit the "download" arrow, you can get a PDF describing the dye's use. It appears there are indeed some IR sensitizers available.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thank you Holmburgers,
    Any chance I can sell you some SDA30057 ?
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take it off your hands for small "convenience fee" (paid by you of course)... hehehe.

No, I'd love some, but as a wise man once told me, a running camel never shits (Mustafa). I've been running from project to project for too long and need to focus on ye olden ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin