Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,672   Online: 1146

Thread: Blue Sensitizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Blue Sensitizer

Hi,
    For the first time, I am now considering a blue sensitizing dye. This is because, in my current emulsion the portions with sensitizing dyes are each considerably faster than the portion with no dye. Any suggestions as to something currently availible?
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Bill,

PE addressed blue dye in a post a while ago.
    AFAIK, dye is used to sharpen the response in the blue end, not to increase sensitivity. I haven't found anything in the usual places (Sands, Honeywell etc.,)
    Last edited by Hexavalent; 12-14-2011 at 09:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Ian,
    I think that I will do some speed comparisons between each of the 3 parts tomorow - Frieday. Then I will get a better idea of how to best blend the 3 parts. .
    Bill
    P.S. I think that I may have just solved my problem, in my head. If I am correct, the explanation will be embarising. So I may not say anything more.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Guess what! I was correct! The explanation is embarrasing! So, disregard everything that I have written on this thread.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Forget what? What thread?
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The idea is to put enough green (or red) dye on an emulsion to kind of match the speeds of the emulsion to the two regions of the spectrum. And, this is speaking of the area under the curve, not the raw speed at any one wavelength. After all, we use white light for most all exposures.

So, this is a hard measure to make. I devote a page or so to this with figures in the book.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin