Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,545   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You could also consider a reverse-mounting ring that lets you flip your lens around. This also was a common method of shooting closeups.

I haven't used Proxars for medium format. I have used Proxars for 35mm and have been pleased.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just wanted to mention that I ended up with a Hoya AC Pro 1 Digital +3. Sharpness is quite good if the lens is stopped down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cactus II.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Slixtiesix, for me it just doesn't BITE, tubes will give better results.
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 05-30-2013 at 06:37 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: punctuation
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahhhhhh, opinions. Pretty much everybody's got one.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Ahhhhhh, opinions. Pretty much everybody's got one.
    John, its worse than that.

Once upon a time there was a photography magazine called Modern Photography. MP ran educational articles on roughly a two year cycle. Every other year they published a piece, with fairly carefully done tests, on the question "Extension tube(s) or closeup len(es), which is better?" And every two years they reached the same conclusion. Some lenses perform better closeup on tubes, others behind a closeup lens. If you want to know which to use with your lens, try both.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just taken today some photos with a 3 dioptre close-up lens held over the lens of my Kodak Brownie six-20 Model 'D' made by Kodak England -- I used very outdated Kodak Vericolor III 120 film re-wound onto a 620 spool -- lighting was a British Bowens Monolite 400 on full power, camera on a Slik 88 tripod and the exposure made by 'Open Flash' method -- the Little Piggy is about 15 cms high and I was 31.5 cms away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brownie-07.jpg  
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin