Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,724   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I use them on the 35mm and not on a view camera. I use a Nikon PB-6 bellow and a 39mm to F mount adapter.
    My lenses are:
    135mm f/5.6 EL-Nikkor
    105mm f/4.5 Rodagon
    80mm f/5.6 EL-Nikkor
    50mm f/2.8 EL-Nikkor
    35mm f/4 Schneider
    The 35mm I think wasn't designed for 35mm but I don't notice any vignetting. I don't use it often as the working distance has to be too close.
    The PB-6' minimum extension is 48 mm, maximum is 208 mm. With camera, the minimum is 94.5 mm, maximum 254.5 mm. How thick is your adapter?

The 35 and 50 mm are best used reversed, the 135 is best used facing normally 'cos it won't go much beyond 1:1 on a PB-6. The 80 and 105 should be used mounted normally below 1:1, reversed above.

None of these lenses is as good as my 55/2.8 MicroNikkor AIS or 105/2.8 MicroNikkor AIS. Why use second best? 55 MicroNikkors, f/2.8 and f/3.5, aren't that expensive. And neither are 105s. Nikon makes a male 52x0.75-to-male F mount adapter, the BR-2/BR-2A, that will do what you need. If you insist on using one of your enlarging lenses, get a BR-2 and a filter step ring ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I have quite a few enlarging lenses and I use them with a bellow to shoot macro. My question is do I need to reverse the lens for better quality. Right now I mount the lens to the bellow with its 39mm thread so the side that normally face the negative would face the film and the side normally face the paper would face the subject. Do I gain any sharpness by reversing it? I don't need more magnification as I have enough with the bellow.
    the short answer is :yes
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    the short answer is :yes
    Are you sure?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    ps, besides SK Grimes, there's also This Guy: http://www.customphototools.com/
    although, I emailed a few weeks ago and never got a response, maybe you'll have better luck.
    I recently bought the brass 43mm x 0.75 to M39 Leica mount reverse adapter from This Guy. Ordered from his website, prompt delivery and a good quality adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spijker View Post
    I recently bought the brass 43mm x 0.75 to M39 Leica mount reverse adapter from This Guy. Ordered from his website, prompt delivery and a good quality adapter.
    Yeah, the reason I emailed is that I wanted a few custom-adapters to/from different lenses/shutters that he didn't have listed. Maybe he's still working out the engineering drawings on them, or the email got chewed by an overzealous spamfilter.
    Good to know that they're at least still going, if I still hear nothing I'll just try emailing them again...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, try again. Or use the web contact form. As mentioned, my experience was quite good. Jose sent me an email with the mail tracking number one day after I put in the order. Maybe he has gone out taking photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spijker View Post
    Yeah, try again. Or use the web contact form. As mentioned, my experience was quite good. Jose sent me an email with the mail tracking number one day after I put in the order. Maybe he has gone out taking photographs.
    Thanks to those of you giving the link to this source, I've a need for a few adapters so will contact him.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I have sometimes used epoxy or "crazy glue" to attach stepping rings back to back and a reverse adapter. I have used a 150/5.6 Rodagon on a Minolta Auto Bellows III. The only reason I reversed the lens was that it was easier for me to attach it to the bellows that way. I think the lens is symmetrical. As always I recommend an old copy The Manual Of Close-Up Photography by Lester Lefkowitz. The book dates back to 1979 but still offers useful information on the basics of close-up and macro photography. One reason I sometimes use enlarging lenses on a bellows is that larger lenses of the same focal lengths but with theor own focusing mounts can be unweildy because of their size and weight. A 55/2.8 or 55/3.5 Micro Nikkor isn't a problem but the longer lenses can be more cumbersome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin