Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 740

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have perhaps the same Raptar. I cut a hole in a disc of thin metal and clamped it to the lens with a lens hood. The disc can be mounted on the reverse adaptor with an old UV filter from which the glass has been removed. Another way is to use a Series V adaptor ring the same way on the Raptar. Once one can attach a series adaptor ring to a lens, the lens can fairly easily be mounted on almost anything. Anytime one visits an ancient camera store, ask to see their old filter adaptors. Many treasures are hidden and forgotten is such places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Dan's idea is great, given the thread is about 27mm
    I tried it to make a LTm-M42 adapter but the hole was too close to the thread (M42) for comfort and was non-viable as such.

BTW c->T adapters are available in edmunds scientific
    Maybe you can find something there
    Um, er, ah, the lens has to be mounted reversed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Measuring thread sizes

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I have found some online sources, but sine I can't try out the filters, are there any useful tips and tricks to measure the filter thread diameter with a degree of exactness?

Can some sort of callipers do the job?

Thanks,
    Anupam

Shooter
    35mm
    Anupam , Tom Hicks here, hope you get it worked out when you do post some pics of the results , you know where. hope you are doing fine .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anupam, you need to know thread diameter and pitch. Devices called thread gauges are used for measuring threads' pitches. Try to find a small machine shop who'll measure for you.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu
    I am having a really hard time finding a way to mount my new 1 inch Wollensak cine raptar f1.9 onto a 52mm thread (Nikon br-2 reversing ring, actually).

I want to reverse mount the lens for macro photography as discussed in this thread.. Since the cine lens has filter threads that look to be about 24mm to my eye although it isn't written on the lens, the adapter seems to be a simple matter of a step up ring from 24mm to 52mm. Now this seems like a simple affair but I can't find such a beast (or even step up ring combinations that would add up to such a beast) anywhere. I called a few machine shops but they are quite expensive - much more than I can afford.

So does anyone know where I can buy such a step up ring or get it made. I could easily ship the lens and the ring to someone who can make the appropriate step up ring to couple these two at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for any help.
    Anupam
    S.K. Grimes can make you one. You will have to send them the lens for an estimate for the work. I would send the BR-2 ring as well so they can make the best step up precisely. It's an expensive solution but they do excellent work. I've had them make a step up ring for filter use for my Red Dot Artar. I think the cost was about $80 not including shipping.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin