Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,674   Online: 1071

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Paul
    Hi folks... Anupam just shared the name of this site and though I do shoot digital I still have and use my trusty F2. I am excited to see that film purists still exist and I for one love film which I know in the eyes of many makes me a dinosaur too :-).... Anyway great to be here and I look forward to many useful exchanges ....Alex
    Don't worry about sounding like a dinosaur, there are a lot of us, who actually don't own a digital camera. Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy our community.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    Digital cameras? Never heard of 'em.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a battery of macro lenses that I can use with both my Leica R series cameras and my Linhof Technikardan 45S. I have to try these with the Linhof. I have both the Leica R bellows as well as the old Spiratone bellows that allows for all the movements of a large format camera on both standards. I have a series of adapters to use these lenses and extension tubes for the both bellows for the Leicas and also adapters to use all the lenses (but the Leicas) for 4" x 5" . The adapters were made for me by SK Grimes and I have the Linhof Macro tube with the Compur 0 Shutter. I will also have to get a #1 copal shutter. Lenses that I have include: Canon 20mm and 35mm Macrophoto lenses, Leitz f2.5 25mm Photar, Schneider f4.0 M Componon, Rodenstock f4.0 1X 75mm Apo Rodagon D, Rodenstock f4.5 75mm 2X Apo Rodagon D, Leica f2.8 60mm Macro Elmarit, and the Leica f4.0 Macro Elmar Bellows lens.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 09-03-2006 at 10:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roteague
    "It seems like more and more, macro is now done digitally."

Could you please get time to explain where you got this from? Or I am missing something.

Thanks
    www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Daniel, I b'lieve that nearly all of the people who show off their macro work here shoot digital. Those of us who shoot film and don't ever digitize are underrepresented.

It also seems to be true that beginners are much more likely to start with digital than with film. Digital gear is easier to stumble across.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin