Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,160   Online: 1085

Thread: Microscope

Shooter
    Large Format

Microscope

Like Ed Weston, I'm intrigued by images made thru a microscope; but have yet to act on this interest. I recently acquired some photographic equipment from an area hospital including: Brinkmann 4X5 "camera" & lens; a stand to hold the camera. I didn't get the post and am wondering about acquiring one (stand made in West Germany). Also what type of microscope would be good for low-powered magnification? The camera has a flip up mirrow for viewing the image on GG & the lens has a 1 3/8" tube to slip over microscope lens.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look for a Polaroid MP-4 stand. If you get one, you'll also need the universal camera mount, these are usually harder to find and more expensive than the stand.

I've got many useful ideas from Tupholme, C. H. S. Colour Photomicrography With A 35-MM Camera. 1961. Faber and Faber, London. 164 pp. Try the on-line book-finding services.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A few websites

Microscopy seems like a vast and intruiguing area. Of course many forum members will give you recommendations from their own experience, but I thought I'd throw in these websites in case you don't know them. They seem to have a lot of information including recommendations for beginner's microscopes.

Molecular Expressions
    Amateur Microscopy
    Microscopy UK

-Anupam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anupam, photomicroscopy is another activity to which the best guide is a good book, not random snippets found on web sites. I'm acquainted with the sites you listed and they're all very useful, but none is up to a good book.

Cheers,

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin