Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,117   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 55 MicroNikkor lens as I had to have it for Biomed Photography. Aren't they great? You can do all kinds of scientific photography with it. I have mine on an F3 hp both bought new.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A little less of an issue with the D70 crop factor but the 55mm focal length is sometimes difficult to use for macro shots in the field. Working distance is short and background coverage is not tight like on a telephoto macro lens.

They are great lenses though and for the price 55/3.5 sell for these days, totally worth owning one. Mine is an AI 55/3.5 multicoated, last type before they switched to the AIS 55/2.8.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to own a 55mm 2.8 and a 105 f4. Both were highly satisfactory but the 105 needed to be stopped down to f8 for really nice results.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Part of image beyond focus plane with Nikkor 55mm is acceptible to me but is not as Leica or Zeiss. On your image (to poster) is also visible sharp edge and limit of bokeh field. This is however acceptible and I would classify micro 55 mm (current) as among the best (not the best) nikon lenses, and for far and for close. Also that lens is far better in just anything than the lens Kertesz ever could dream about.

www.Leica-R.com

Images
    Here's the last 55mm micro nikkor shot I took quite a while ago..
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...342&ppuser=241

It is a wonderful, contrasty flat-field lens. Great for copy work and archiving. As a general macro lens, the short working distance can be a pain but it makes beautiful pictures.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I too have a 55mm f3.5 AI. I don't think it gets any better than that. The only downside is that if you include the sun in the frame, you'll get flare.

http://kthompson.jalbum.net/KurtThom...ides/9834.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB View Post
    Part of image beyond focus plane with Nikkor 55mm is acceptible to me but is not as Leica or Zeiss. On your image (to poster) is also visible sharp edge and limit of bokeh field. This is however acceptible and I would classify micro 55 mm (current) as among the best (not the best) nikon lenses, and for far and for close. Also that lens is far better in just anything than the lens Kertesz ever could dream about.

www.Leica-R.com
    you know, there was a time that this level of nitpicking would have been thought rude, because it talks about your predilection for equipment, not the image. The point it is, it was taken of a flower, with a Nikkor.

You don't say it should have been taken of a schoollbus, you don't say it would have been better with a Zeiss.

hec
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Micro f3.5 (pre-AI ) and it's my most used lens for 35mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nice shots... The extender with glass is probably a 1.4 or 2x teleconverter. I've owned a few copies of the 55mm Micro, including a couple early compensating 55/3.5's with the metal focusing ring, then three later 3.5's, as well as four 55/2.8's. Currently have one of the 55/2.8 Micros. With the 55/2.8, at f/22, you can get a sunstar effect if you take a photo with the sun in the frame.

With respect to the Nikkormat, I have the Japanese home-market version of the FT2, the Nikomat FT2. Great old beast...

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Pre AI 55mm Micro-Nikkor f/3.5...Great!
    AI 55mm Micro-Nikkor f/2.8...Great!
    Pre AI 105mm Micro-Nikkor f/4... Great!
    Pre AI 200mm Micro-Nikkor f/4... Greatest!
    Olympus OM Zuiko MC Auto-Macro 50mm f/3.5... Great!
    Minolta Auto-Bellows Rokkor-X 100mm f/4... Great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin