Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,176   Online: 827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Micro 55mm Nikkor

with an extension tube. This is my first try at macro, I really like it. Now all I need is a calibrated monitor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Michael,

The photos look very good for a first time attempt. What were you using for film. Keep shooting.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This lens is a legend, known for its razor sharp renderings. Have fun.

ctr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice. Very nice!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all. I don't know alot about Nikon stuff yet, I have a Nikon extension that has no glass in it and one with glass. I haven't tried the one with glass yet.

nature, I really dropped the ball here bad. I hope I don't get wacked, I forgot what website I was at. I normally use old Nikkormats and Reala but I recently got a D70s to play with and used it.

In my defense I rarely use it, I haven't found a camera yet I like more than my Nikkormat F2T. It's black and makes me look cool.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am tempted to believe that Nikon with the 55mm Micro Nikkors from 3.5 forward did more for the popularity of macro lenses than all of the other brands combined.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've heard good things about those lenses myself. I'm currently considering getting the new Nikkor Micro 105 VR lens, but haven't heard too much about it, other than complaints that the VR doesn't work for closeups (gee, that is what tripods are for).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Micro Nikkor 55 is the old one, someone had it AIed. I think it's one of the best lens I own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHarris View Post
    My Micro Nikkor 55 is the old one, someone had it AIed. I think it's one of the best lens I own.

Mine is also an oldish one converted to AI. Excellent sharp lens, but avoid stopping down to f32 as there is noticeable diffraction setting in – that certainly takes the gilt off the gingerbread!

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kelham View Post
    Mine is also an oldish one converted to AI. Excellent sharp lens, but avoid stopping down to f32 as there is noticeable diffraction setting in – that certainly takes the gilt off the gingerbread!

Richard
    Um, Richard, the smallest aperture that it makes sense to use depends a bit on magnification. At 1:1, the effective f/number is twice the f/number set. Since the most resolution obtainable is ~ 1500/effective, if we set the aperture to f/32 at 1:1 the best we can hope for is not much better than 20 lp/mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin