Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,532   Online: 804

Shooter
    35mm

Info on Kodak Cine Ektars needed

Hi folks,

Does anybody know the difference between the Kodak Cine "Ektar" and "Ektar II" lenses? Is there any difference in lens quality? My dealer offers an "Ektar" built in 1949 that I´d like to try reversed for macro.

Your help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AFAIK there's no difference between a 25/1.9 CE and a 25/1.9 CE II. These are the ones that Kodak recommended for photomacrography. Reversed, of course.

My 25/1.9 CE II is better at f/2.8 than wide open. Very very good lens from 10:1 to 20:1, which is the range I tried it in.

My 25/1.4 CE II is pretty useless as a macro lens. Same goes for the 15/2.5, if I remembered the maximum aperture correctly.

To avoid making a bad mistake, don't pay too much. Also, check the lens for mechanical problems (seized aperture is what matters, seized focusing helical isn't relevant) and internal dirt/fungus. I've seen many with seized helicals, also many with internal crud.

Shooter
    35mm
    Dan, thanks for your very helpful reply.
    The one offered is the 25/1.9 in quite good condition, and thus I will give it a try.

Regards,
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin