Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,621   Online: 875

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

ready to start shooting

Well almost.the equipment ive ordered is not here yet but this is what`s coming;Konica t3 with a 55mm lens,Konica macro bellows,a55mm f3.0 1:1macro lens,and a n70 that I purchased "as is"hopefully it will work.I feel like a kid at Chistmas right now.I should be taking photos by tuesday.I have a manfrotto 144 with a uniball head and a gorilla pod.I know it`s not very elaborate but it should give me a good start.
    only 19 years to retirement

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's nice. Which macro lens do you have? Whatcha gonna shoot? At what magnifications?

Suggest you buy a book on, among other things, closeup photography. I think that A. A. Blaker's Field Photography might be best for you. After that, perhaps Lester Lefkowitz' The Manual of Closeup Photography. If you know who/what John Shaw is and are in a John Shaw mood, Heather Angel's Book of Closeup Photography; it is in the Shaw line but she does the Shaw act better than he does. Blaker and Lefkowitz are both out of print, I'm not sure about Angel. Google or the on-line book finders will find 'em for you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Before investing in a book, check out your local public library - you might find some great examples to borrow and try out, all before having to put down the $ for a book.

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    too late Ive allready bought two.The complete guide to closeup and macro photograpy by Paul davies and the photo workshop one on macro.The lens is a f 3.0 55mm 1:1 by kino(panagore) Ive heard some nice things about this lens.It is supposed to be quite rare esp for a Konica.
    Last edited by bob2; 11-26-2007 at 09:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling error

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MP_Wayne, in principle your advice is very good. In practice, it really depends on the local public library. The two I have easy access to don't have much in the way of specialized photographic texts.

bob2, I stand by my suggestion. If you don't have Field Photography, you should, regardless of what other books on photography you own. And if you're going to work at magnifications above 1:1 you should have Lefkowitz. Davies doesn't come close to either. And these days both can be got for such low prices that cost shouldn't be an obstacle.

Good luck, have fun,

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks.I will check that book out(library pun not intended )

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin