Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,138   Online: 1059

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In high magnification work - where depth of field is hard to find, hence small apertures are popular* - you frequently run into diffraction as a very real limiting factor.

(* Shouldn't be, since no matter how much you stop down, depth of field will be minimal.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    by using the small f:22 stop to increase depth of field did I inadvertently introduce a noticeable diffraction effect sufficient to to take the edge of the sharpness?
    Yes
    Would the image have been sharper had I used f:8?
    In the center, Yes, but the edges will likely be better around f11.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had one of these cameras. I firmly believe the soft appearance is due to the fact that the lens is extended for the macro shot. It is simply not corrected for this kind of close up work. Yes, the camera allows for it, but the optics fall short when used like this. In a normal distance image, the lenses are fine.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin