Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,877   Online: 1160

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Good macro bellows instructions on the net?

A friend of mine would be receiving a set of M42 bellows and lens for Christmas.

She had never done macro before and unfortunately I cannot be there to show her how to use it.

Is there any goo resources on the net that goes through the basics on using macro bellows?

Unfortunately she will be using it on digi, but film instructions would be just as good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several sources via Google search, here is one.

http://www.shutterbug.com/refresherc...72/index1.html

When you say it will be used on a digi cam I suspect that means she will be losing the auto features for the lens, or is this a late model bellows unit that utilizes all the auto features such as exposure in particular.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Depending on what she wants to do the principles will most likely be the same. Meaning that if it's an auto-unit anything auto- will stay auto- whether digital or film and if it's not then it's not. With the exception of reciprocity I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be very different between the two.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    When you say it will be used on a digi cam I suspect that means she will be losing the auto features for the lens, or is this a late model bellows unit that utilizes all the auto features such as exposure in particular.
    Nope, as basic as it gets, made by east german pentacon and everything needs to be operated by hand.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin