Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,915   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format

Teleplus Macro 2x MC7 (manual) focusing converter

Hi all,

In my constant search for better, more versatile, and more convenient close-up options I recently came across a twin of this gadget (for a description, see this link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Teleplus-MC7-...-/230552253538 )

After trying it out, using an Asahi Pentax MX (film) camera together with a 1.7/50 SMC Pentax M lens, I have to say it is the nearest thing -in use- to a Takumar 4/100 Macro lens at a fraction of the price.

Very versatile, very sharp, very convenient.

For convenience, it beats the pants off tubes and diopters and makes a 50mm prime lens into a great walkaround outfit (although you do lose two stops of light).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Vivitar version of something similar for my Olympus OM equipment, and I agree - they work very well.

It is a quite decent 2x tele-converter at normal distances, and then transitions seamlessly into an adjustable extension tube that gives life-size results.

I've never evaluated it for flat-field performance, but for really flexible close-up work it gives very good results.

And it converts my 50mm f/1.4 into a 100mm f/2.8 - nothing to complain about there .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Does any one have idea ,the 2x Teleplus mc7 not auto focus with my 90-300mm canon EF lens, what should I do can you give me suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine was all manual for use with manual only lenses (Pentax K-mount), so no problem.

Does yours have electrical contacts to connect the lens through to the camera body?
    Last edited by Galah; 01-09-2011 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin