Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,823   Online: 982

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Macro lens for Mamiya AFDIII

Hey!

What is the best macro lens for a Mamiya AFDIII? Should I get a mamiya or look for lenses from other manufacturers (Hassy, etc)...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want it to fit the camera, you're going to need the Mamiya lens.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I thought that too, John, but checked. The product description at B&H says "Lens mount: Bayonet Mamiya 645 AF Mount; M645 Mount can be used with strict limitations (manual focus confirmation, stopped-down metering) Also compatible with Hasselblad V series lenses (manual focus confirmation, focus aid, stop-down exposure metering). Requires optional Lens Mount Adapter #310-244 (Black) or #310-245 (Silver)"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't realize there were mount adapters in those combinations.
    Anyway in the interest of consistency I'd still go with the Mamiya lenses. Unless you already have a Hasselblad lens and just need the mount.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the manual 80/4 should fit. It's a superb lens, floating element with lots of extension. It won't disappoint. I have one and like it so much that I sometimes use it via an adapter on my 35mm cameras.

Now about adapters... you can mount just about *any* lens on there for macro with one of my patented, I-need-it-right-now / ghetto adapters. You take the rear lens cap for the lens you want to put on, and the body cap for the mamiya, put them back to back and glue them together. Then drill through the combo after they've dried together. Presto. Mamiya-to-anything adapter Put a fast 35mm macro lens on there! Go nuts!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keith, the adapter the B&H sells is made by Mamiya, not by an obscure machine shop somewhere in the PRC. Have you gone nuts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Haha, my Chinese adapter is actually very good. But it took three weeks to get to me. I am not the patient sort! Hence the other retrofits...

But yes, I suspect that I have gone nuts on several occasions. Comes with the territory.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I think the manual 80/4 should fit. It's a superb lens, floating element with lots of extension. It won't disappoint. I have one and like it so much that I sometimes use it via an adapter on my 35mm cameras.

Now about adapters... you can mount just about *any* lens on there for macro with one of my patented, I-need-it-right-now / ghetto adapters. You take the rear lens cap for the lens you want to put on, and the body cap for the mamiya, put them back to back and glue them together. Then drill through the combo after they've dried together. Presto. Mamiya-to-anything adapter Put a fast 35mm macro lens on there! Go nuts!
    hmmmm.. is this real? Do you have a photo...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I don't want to stick to Mamiya. I can use an adapter and mount other lenses as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    thx for you answers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin