Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,710   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm

Lighting for konica macro

Hello guys since most of you guys are all experienced in 35mm and macro I was wondering if you guys could help me set up a macro flash set for my konica. I have a konica t4 camera with a 55mm macro lens and a bellows and I was wondering what would you guys recomend for macro pictures. Is there a ring flash that you guys recomend or what flashes should I consider getting for my konica?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried KEH?

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sunpac and Vivitar ringflashes are fairly common on the big auction site. There's also these plasticky, over-priced thingies:

http://www.orbisflash.com/
    Last edited by CGW; 04-16-2011 at 04:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh nah guys you misunderstood... I know where to buy I want to know WHAT to buy? And yes I know the good ones are sunpac and and vivitar but I dont know which ones to buy and yep lol CGW those are pretty overpriced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i have a Sunpak DX-12R ringlight that has worked very well with both 2 1/4 and 35mm. Another approach which may suit your needs and would be less costly as well as not producing the donuts when photographing something that is reflective would be to get a macro flash bracket from Bogen and use two small flash units (which you may already have?) and set them at 45 degree angles. That would give shadowless light or for other effects one could be set at a different output, etc. That way you would not be tied to the ringlight when other situations needing a flash present. I have one of those and use it with a couple of small Vivitar flash units.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Sunpak's were pretty good. DX8r and DX12r both I believe the difference is size and output of the ring itself. Depending on whether you intend to use it a lot or a little, you could just pick up a cheapie on the bay.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin