Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,732   Online: 1091

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Heck, the last time Noojee saw a crowd of notables like this was when Hells Angels clattered and clanged to a stop outside the pub a few years back, eyeballing a collective of bedraggled pedal pushers (me among) who had come down from Baw Baw camp. No shots were fired.
    I visited Walhalla on a Uni trip in 1989.

A couple of weeks earlier, there had been a good storm go through the area, and several of the old Pine trees in the cemetery had been uprooted, bringing forth various skeletal parts.

This "uprising" coincided with the local Hell's Angels Chapter visiting the town.

According to the Publican, he closed up when they started to play soccer in the front bar with a skull...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess the kids have got to have something to pass time...

Recalling an amusing incident in November 1983 when I was a bicycle tourist on a club tour to Walhalla from Mansfield (meaning a 160km ride along very rough mountain tracks with extreme gradients and snow), a journalist friend wrote in Peaceful Cycle Tours of Victoria, Part I of an experience there:

[scene, in the graveyard]
    ...We sat behind a large headstone talking when a group of noisy yobbos entered. We cut the torches and listened. At the alarming sound of glass smashing against concrete, Russell, a Policeman, used an appropriate foghorn voice and we scared the hell out of them, watching the terrified yobs leapfrog over the picket fence and down to the road far below..."

I was going to suggest much earlier that if interest in exploring Noojee didn't spark (oh, how wrong I was...) I would have suggested Walhalla for history alone.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 03-12-2012 at 11:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can someone PM with directions to where we are going ?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    First weather forecast:

Mostly Sunny, 18 degrees.

Not the worst, not the best…

See here.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    Can someone PM with directions to where we are going ?
    Head down Princes Hwy/Fwy towards the Valley.

Take the Robin Hood/Mt Baw Baw turnoff.

Once you get to Noojee (maybe 20km along the road), turn right towards Mt Baw Baw.

About 4km out of town, you'll see a dirt road off to the left (on a Y-junction) that is signposted for Toorongo Falls.

Take this and drive to the end (maybe another 5-8km). You'll come to a car park with a toilet block at the far end.

The rest is up to you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I thought this may happen. I now have three other commitments on the day, one from 9.30 to 10.30 am, one from 11 am to 1 pm, and then one from 5 pm until about 9 pm.

I hope you all have a great day and capture some great light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    First weather forecast:

Mostly Sunny, 18 degrees.

Not the worst, not the best…

See here.

"Mostly sunny" is what I have shot in as ideal conditions a few times now. If it rains, bring it on. That rainforest positively sparkles after rain.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got my grubby little hands on a spanking new Tachihara 4x5... Will be bringing that along for sure!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Barring a catastrophe I am a certainty now for getting to Noojee. Looking forward to meeting the group and getting familiar with my Technika III.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Currently...

Joachim_I
    Poisson Du Jour
    w9cae
    SMBooth
    wotalegend
    LJH
    SteveR (tentative)
    Raoul (with Tachihara)
    Andrew K
    Paul Ewins?
    Mick Fagan
    Mick8585 (tentatively)
    Mal
    Colin D (with Technika III)
    Kosta
    Bluedog
    Athiril
    Briand
    me and Christine! (with more cameras than strictly necessary, including Harman Titan...)

for
    Sunday 25th March - 10am at Toorongo Falls Reserve, 12km outside Noojee, off the Baw Baw Road.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin