Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,409   Online: 1056

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry guys.....I had a feeling this would happen. I won't be able to make it - family commitments...

Have a great day!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    There's this metal bridge-thingy that goes across the chasm from the viewing platform to the other side of the river. I'm not sure whether it's a stabiliser or a power/water/phone conduit.

This is the best image that I could find to give you a bit of an idea of the structure's design:

It's made from galvanised steel tubing and is as slick as shit when wet!

This must be a recent inclusion in the area? I've been down there several times, the last being March 2011 and have never seen such a Wallace and Gromit thingy. It looks like a bike rack on first glance. Cross on it? Maybe one can side-step holding onto the the top rail? Dunno about juggling tripod, boxes, portmanteaux and bags AND having to hold a grip... Boots is right: somebody ought to pack a video to capture the spills and thrills. PS: Not me.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys,
    Unfortunately my 'tentatively' has become a 'dangit', missus has an interview to do that morning, so I'm on Dad duties, sorry I can't make it

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Expect it to be cool and a bit damp on this occasion. Better than it being dry and lifeless with bright sun. Remember if it rains, you get wet. If you fall into the Toorongo, you will get very wet indeed. Dress as a bushwalker normally would.
    Yes, the weather is shaping up to be perfect for an excursion into the woods, a little damp, a little light and next to no breeze.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Currently...

Joachim_I (with Technika)
    Poisson Du Jour
    w9cae
    SMBooth
    wotalegend
    LJH
    Raoul (with Tachihara)
    Paul Ewins?
    Mick Fagan
    Mick8585 (tentatively)
    Mal
    Colin D (with Technika III)
    Kosta
    Bluedog
    Athiril
    Briand
    fdisilvestro
    me and Christine! (with more cameras than strictly necessary, including Harman Titan...)

An impressive Victorian APUG crowd...

for
    This Sunday 25th March - 10am at Toorongo Falls Reserve, 12km outside Noojee, off the Baw Baw Road.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc, organise a pic on the day to send to Sean here on APUG: we might get good publicity (and a free roll of film!?) for being the biggest Australian APUG song and dance.

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Yes, the weather is shaping up to be perfect for an excursion into the woods, a little damp, a little light and next to no breeze.

Picture perfect conditions, like John Meier's little gem,
    reproduced here from THE RAINFOREST: Spirit of the Land (1993).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toorongo River_John Meir.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	48253

Imagine how beautiful this scene would be if it snowed lightly, as it often does during winter in Noojee.

Joachim, John M. is known to have used a Pentax 67 for mid-1980s to early 1990 images; this is probably one of them (I have a 55mm and 165mm lens and will chance my luck).

—Anon.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Joachim, John M. is known to have used a Pentax 67 for mid-1980s to early 1990 images; this is probably one of them (I have a 55mm and 165mm lens and will chance my luck).
    I keep my eyes open for this book. Looks very interesting. I guess we will have quite a P67 gathering at the falls this weekend. We should arrange a group picture. The camera always has been very popular with landscape photographers. Robert Glenn Ketchum is another great example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picked up the book from Beach Books at Barwon Heads in 1998. The photographs are accompanied by some timeless poems and verse by Australian bush poets and balladeers, and most of the time the writing compliments the photographs. Other photographers of note in the book are Philip Quirk, Grenville Turner, Peter Jarver and Richard Glover. The ISBN is 0 207 18922 6. I think it is out of print.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 03-22-2012 at 02:39 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction to book URL

—Anon.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the ISBN. I just ordered the book 2nd hand from NSW. So far I always liked the books you mentioned here (in particular 'Simply' by Peter Dombrovskis).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin