Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,027   Online: 844

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Bluedog, the first of the two IR shots looks great.

Still had no time yet to drive to Vanbar to have my 4 rolls of Velvia developed. I hate it that they moved to Fitzroy... Might also ask them what they charge for scanning as I don't have a scanner.

Marc, Zhen and I saw two Lyrebirds as well. One between Amphitheatre falls and car park and one on the way to the Ada tree (which at the end we did not visit because it started to get dark; it's a 25km drive one way from the street on dirt roads).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to take many people longer to get to Vanbar now. I am appalled at the effort required to get now, for now commonly "we don't have that at the moment" or for a greatly inflated price! Even on a mountain bike, from North Melbourne (typically I stop there to drop-in/collect processing etc.) it is a very adventurous ride down one-way streets like leafy green Moore Street (bikes are allowed down one way streets). And the further I am riding the more agitated by the whole experience I am: the traffic everywhere in Melbourne is appalling, Grattan Street and Smith Street being the standouts.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    This pains me GREATLY to say, but perhaps Michael's is an option? Now that I don't live near Prism, this is my quickest E6 option. And they're not quite as Ned Kelly with their E6 prices as everything else in that overpriced cesspit…

As for Prism, they did E6 on Tuesdays and Thursday, and did a pretty good job of it. YMMV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    This pains me GREATLY to say, but perhaps Michael's is an option? Now that I don't live near Prism, this is my quickest E6 option. And they're not quite as Ned Kelly with their E6 prices as everything else in that overpriced cesspit…

As for Prism, they did E6 on Tuesdays and Thursday, and did a pretty good job of it. YMMV.

Dunno about "overpriced": they did surprisingly better pricing Velvia than Vanbar. And better eye-candy behind the counter to boot.
    My understanding of the status of film processing, asking at Michaels, is that E6 take-up is rising. I would not know if it is local or across Melbourne, but is an interesting point.

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Impressed with the IR in the overcast conditions, I was under the impression that it didn't work that well in such light. What type was it/what filter?
    Efke IR820 with IR720 filter.
    There are some small specs visible in the emulsion on some frames. Reading other posts on the subject points to this being fairly common and resulting from poor QA at Efke.
    Just finished the Velvia roll today so will drop it in to Vanbars tomorrow.
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Efke IR820 with IR720 filter.
    There are some small specs visible in the emulsion on some frames. Reading other posts on the subject points to this being fairly common and resulting from poor QA at Efke.
    Just finished the Velvia roll today so will drop it in to Vanbars tomorrow.
    Greg

Very interesting ideed. I have a roll of Efke Aura 820 and an IR720 filter waiting in the wings. SMBooth has obtained excellent results with SFX200 and an IR720.

—Anon.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    And better eye-candy behind the counter to boot.
    Now, if only Vanessa O'Hanlon worked there after her ABC24 shift...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Nice shot, Brian. You got at least one good one out of two. Was that on 4 x 5?
    Hi Kevin.
    yes that was the Tachihara 4x5 with 180mm,
    Life is a journey in the Forest and Mist.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    I was right, it looks good in B&W.

Be careful what you say Brian, I just might....
    No Prob's, just give me a call. 57769843.
    cheers
    Life is a journey in the Forest and Mist.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good group shot!
    Have my 8x10 contact prints all done. I am happy with them.
    The overcast conditions and no wind were magic for my gear(Kodak 2D). Well done everyone!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin