Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,500   Online: 1118

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Good to meet you Frank - impressed with the 10x8" with bag bellows - what camera was that??

I was really impressed with the falls - best temperate rainforest I've seen in Victoria really - even saw a Lyrebird (which Scott & Christine can verify)!!

Here's the other pic for the non-subscribers to see...
    Attachment 48586

Marc!
    Yes I am in that picture & confirm we did see the Lyrebird

PS I still havn't developed my film maybe next week ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My films are now to hand and will be vetting the best ones tonight; hope to post-up some scans tomorrow or Monday, after which I'm heading off on a roadie to Port Augusta and beyond. When I come back, there'll be a pretty pinhole picture-maker waiting for me: a Zero Image 75D Deluxe 4x5
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Whilst I was roaming around with the LF cameras, trying to shoot something 'epic' - Christine was quietly peering about at the small things, armed with her Mamiya 645 Pro, and an 80mm macro lens... I've scanned a couple of her pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Noojee outing028s.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1,021.2 KB 
ID:	48709 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Noojee outing034s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	580.4 KB 
ID:	48710
    Kind of creepy, kind of awesome... The grainier one was with Tri-X, and the other Plus-X. I am also impressed because there's no way could I handhold the Mamiya at f/4 and get pictures that sharp (this is also one of the reasons I'm not a surgeon)...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ooh, I particularly like that second one of Christine's. The um...whatever it is, seems to be radiating light from within. Nicely seen and well captured.

Reading this thread, I'm truly sorry I didn't make the drive up, but, clearly, myself and my little Canon EOS would have been embarrassingly outclassed.
    All the same, thank you Marc, for thinking of me when you started organising this. It sounds as though you all had a great day and I love seeing all of your wonderful images.
    I shall try to be braver next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, a little bit of a misunderstanding with the clocks and watches this morning, but all fixed now!
    Here are some of my scenes from the Toorongo River outing. You'll note in the oblique view of the Toorongo River that the "hidden 10%" viewfinder deficiency of the Pentax 67 has caused the bridge handrail to appear in the lower right! Drrrrrr—! A later shot on the return journey, on Velvia 50 straight ahead, fixed this, but I much prefer the rendition on 100F.

These photos from Pentax 67 with either 55mm f4 or 165mm f4 (polarised), sometimes hand-metered.

__________________________________________________ _________________

• Crepidotus applanatus sp. basidiomycetes
    (a common parasitic bracket fungi which benefits the host).
    Along the long and winding path rising to Toorongo Falls.

• Home among the rapids.
    A young fishbone fern takes cover from the nearby tumult.

• Toorongo River (RVP 100F)
    Ooops! Naughty handrail...no, naughty Pentax!!

and—

• Toorongo River (RVP 50 - aka "Vaudeville Veliva"!)
    The two Velvia's could not be more dissimilar in palette!

• Toorongo Falls, hi-bias (+0.6) metered for luminance.
    The effect of tilting the camera up is obvious from the convergent trees.

• Under the treefern, by the rapid river

'Brutus' hasn't finished with the roll yet; that's likely to come out after Easter travels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crepidotus applanatus-Toorongo River.png   Home among the rapids.png   Toorongo River_2.png   ToorongoFalls_3.png   ToorongoRiver_bridge.png  

ToorongoRiver_oblique.png  
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 03-31-2012 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Dunno about "overpriced": they did surprisingly better pricing Velvia than Vanbar. And better eye-candy behind the counter to boot.
    My understanding of the status of film processing, asking at Michaels, is that E6 take-up is rising. I would not know if it is local or across Melbourne, but is an interesting point.
    I've just got back on to this thread and note with interest the discussion on E6 developing options. My journey with developing E6 is no different to most, first Vanbar then Michaels. I can still make it to Vanbar by tram (before they moved I could walk to them) but I've found it takes a quarter of the time to get to Michaels by bus. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of Michaels E6 work and the price is not so bad. They also run Thursday lunchtime workshops which I chanced on when pricing some film a few weeks ago. I sat in on a talk by Michael Coyne, very interesting, especially when he admitted he still uses film for most of his work and Fuji were sponsoring the workshop.

As Lachlan has said, I am a recent convert to LF and just quietly I have quickly become obsessed with the whole slow photography thing. The trip to Noojee was only the second time I had taken my recently acquired Tecknika III out for a stroll. I only took two shots using Kodak E100G which I like a lot, and now it is off the market which is just crap news.

Below is the second of my two shots at a very low resolution. 1 scecond @ f22, no pol filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noojee III.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Briand View Post
    Hi All.
    I only took 2 shots on Sunday,this is one, Marc, I'm the Little guy behind Lachlan.Hope I can make it to the next one,
    anyone coming to Mansfield is welcome at my place,
    Cheers Brian
    Nice to meet you Brian at Noojee. I reckon Mansfield would be the ideal place for a group excursion, lovely countryside and the town has a bit to offer as well.

Colin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Whilst I was roaming around with the LF cameras, trying to shoot something 'epic' - Christine was quietly peering about at the small things, armed with her Mamiya 645 Pro, and an 80mm macro lens... I've scanned a couple of her pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Noojee outing028s.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1,021.2 KB 
ID:	48709 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Noojee outing034s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	580.4 KB 
ID:	48710
    Kind of creepy, kind of awesome... The grainier one was with Tri-X, and the other Plus-X. I am also impressed because there's no way could I handhold the Mamiya at f/4 and get pictures that sharp (this is also one of the reasons I'm not a surgeon)...

Marc!
    Wow, those shots hand held, that is impressive indeed!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Nice to meet you Brian at Noojee. I reckon Mansfield would be the ideal place for a group excursion, lovely countryside and the town has a bit to offer as well.

Colin

I concur with Colin that Mansfield is a very worthy choice for a group outing, maybe even a weekend or long weekend outing if that was at all feasible. Places like Howqua, Jamieson, Sheepyard Flat, Woods Point ... a host of other little places and the rolling hills toward Tolmie all have great photographic potential, as long-time Mansfield pro Richard White will attest. He's done very well dedicating his mono LF work to the rich and varied landscape of the Mansfield and greater NE district.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello,

Really good pictures and the stories behind them, which I enjoyed. I have had my rolls developed but don't have yet a way to scan them to share.

Being new to Melbourne, I also find interesting and useful the discussion on developing options.

Francisco

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin