Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,129   Online: 1110

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am in. For 18th. Might have to try and stooge lift from someone.. Marc maybe? Will know closer to the date.

I can not comment on either location as have been to neither.

I look forward to which ever it is.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here's a website that explains all: http://www.visitmacedonranges.com/na...r-information/

Costs $10 to get in with a car!

Marc...
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Given Gary's listing of Noojee's benefits, can anyone list what's at HR? I've been to the horse races there, but really didn't take too much notice of what's to shoot...
    Not a great deal at the Rock, its feature being the enigmatic jumble of boulders and the mystique courtesy of one Pete Wier.
    There is:
    Walking tracks that weave in and out amongst boulders (people do get lost!)
    the racecourse (likely to be dusty and dry)
    Hanging Rock Picnic cafe
    a small car park
    Pleasant, but not spectacular picnic area.
    Oh, and tribute copies of Peter Wier's remastered film, "Picnic at Hanging Rock".

Much loved as a half-way point for the infamous Bendigo Double Century bike ride in the 1980s (Melb-Bendigo-Melb/360km in two days). Where'd the $10 entry fee come from? I have not paid that when I rocked up on a mountain bike! Then we'll go east, young men!

Meanwhile, in them thar hills:
    Toorongo River,12km outside Noojee would be just the thing for the rainforest and waterfall baggers amongst us (me!): cool, quiet and serene, the ferns arc politely over the rushing Toorongo, cascade down Toorongo Falls and leap over a giant log-jammed chasm to join their better known brethren in a furious torrent 10 metres away. I guarantee it is a pretty place and well worth the effort.

Marc?
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 01-23-2012 at 12:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Does anyone know which of the two places (Hanging Rock, Noojee) is likely to be less crowded by visitors?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joachim, Noojee has only had a smattering of campers and dribs and drabs of curious mums and dads day-trippers who have discovered it by accident by following the scenic road above the valley from Noojee (the only other route goes up and up to Baw Baw). The only signpost is "Toorongo River". Trout fisherkings can occasionally be seen, as too can noisy trail-bike riders. But you'll see the same thing in hitherto quiet places of the Otways. No place is sacred.

Hanging Rock is popular with Sunday trippers from the city. Cyclists ride there from Woodend. Everybody wants to "picnic at Hanging Rock" and go nature walkabouts. Noojee/Toorongo River has my bet for serious photography without being poked and prodded by stickybeaks.

A thought just flashed by: Wilsons Prom... I guess not...

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I'm very familiar with Toorongo; just a beautiful place. A couple of KM of creek/river to shoot (i.e. not in each others' pockets), cascades, falls, lyrebirds, etc.

One thing to also consider is the Trestle bridge just before Noojee. Allows the Architecture shooters a chance to go bush as well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Attachment 44981

Nice enough for a picnic here, hmm?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toorongo Narrows_June2001.png  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    arrrgh!

Always happen with these melbourne get togethers - I'm out of the country - AGAIN

:P
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    arrrgh!

Always happen with these melbourne get togethers - I'm out of the country - AGAIN

:P
    Tut, tut. You could always be imaginative and call up an Australian APUGers meet-n'-greeet in NZ!... Say at Milford Sound, or The Catlins. Suddenly, I've got an urge to jump ship and head over The Ditch....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guys,

I'd be keen to tag along too, if you can excuse the fact that I haven't actually been very active on Apug over the past... ummm... 'while'... I've got a job the day before, on the 17th, but all going well I should be good to make it up there on the Sunday. I may have missed it in skimming the posts, but has a time been proposed? ...or is it just in time for morning coffee break?

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin