Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 689

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    [...]... Just how ordinary IS the food in the main drag?!

Marc!

Ordinary. I think the Red Parrot Café (sit down/eat in) has new owners and might be much improved in terms of menu; second to the pub, it is a haunt for the locals; the place across the road is very basic; they didn't even have fresh bread (two occasions).

A barbie is a good idea, making use of the reserve to pass time after the photography without leaving prematurely into town (only fireplaces at the picnic ground, not leckie barbies), or, if the weather turns drack, bring out a prepared lunch; we should know on the day what the weather is going to be like; it snowed there down at the Toorongo River in June 2001 — my first visit to the place while in the grip of depression (the weather was...depressing...).

It would take a group this size some time to work its way through the rainforest picking out scenes of interest. In later years I spent a good half-day fossicking around under the bridge over the Toorongo!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    There's always Neerim South. Couple of okay bakeries there, and a pub from memory.

Then again, there's the Robin Hood pub (just in time to get on the Dapto dish-lickers…)

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm out for the 25th. Should have checked earlier. The 25th my wife has an orchestra recital to play in. I will have to aim for the next one.

Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang, I was thinking I could bring that Panalure up to you then! I should be going past your work at some point on Wednesday Ansy, so if you're still interested, let me know and I'll bring it with me.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve, yep I am still interested. As of today I am back at work full time, five days a week. When you think your are swinging by (maybe when you drop off your exchange prints?) give me a quick call and I'll meet you out front.

Really wanted to go to this outing, as I missed the last one, but hey there will be others.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    [...]
    Really wanted to go to this outing, as I missed the last one, but hey there will be others.

Indeed there will be. In June I will be re-launching forays into the Otways if that's of interest — a nice energetic tip-toe through the treeferns. But first the none-too-small problem of clearing fallen trees and prolific regrowth over a 5km trackline — a task recently found to be nigh impossible after 9 hours of solid work. Maybe we could have another APUG outing — May or June?, to say Warburton? Just an idea.
    I'm not all that keen on winter down here now; if no interest, I'll bugger off to Darwin/Kununurra/Broome for 3 wks in July.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Indeed there will be. In June I will be re-launching forays into the Otways if that's of interest — a nice energetic tip-toe through the treeferns.
    I was just thinking last week about getting in touch with you regarding some walks down that way. If there are any track-clearing duties I can help out with, please sing out, always happy to lend a hand and get it dirty.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Now that's one thing (apart from you guys) that I miss about Vic. Taking piccies in the Otways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am waiting on an announcement for further track clearing day around Mount Sabine (and the now-faint track to Upper Sabine Falls on the Four Falls Circuit Walk, from Sunnyside picnic area). I think heavy machinery is required to clear fallen mountain ash and messmates (they're not sapplings by any stretch!), then finding the track, then re-ribboning. Wild Dog Falls hasn't been visited for more than a year and is thought to be too hazardous as a route; Allambee Beek Falls Tk is a push and shove affair, and Yannathan Falls Tk has come in for scrutiny with partial re-routing/ribboning causing people to get lost on the approach to the river. I'm hoping a working bee will be scheduled for next month.

Pending suitable conditions, June is the likely target for sorties (possibly two, if enough interest). July I'm out of here.
    EDIT: 12.30pm Mount Sabine received 129mm of rain overnight 9/2), likewise Forrest 100mm (!). Weeaproinah, west of Ferguson on the Otways spine, would have received a significant amount too, meaning Triplet Falls, the most accessible of the scenics, would be flowing very well indeed. Youngs Creek feeds Triplet Falls from a slender pencil-thing trickle just below the road at Weeaproinah.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 02-09-2012 at 08:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, I'm a newbie here. I'm making a tentative commitment on getting to Noojee, if I can get a leave pass, but you will have to excuse my ignorance, apart from the bbq and bakeries and pubs, what is the days activities consist of?

When I find where I do it, I'll intro myself.
    Last edited by Colin D; 02-09-2012 at 10:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin