Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,610   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

E6 film chemicals

Hi all,
    New to the group and having carried my cameras half-way around the world from Scotland I find I cannot get my E6 LF slides developed in Perth. Have managed to get hold of a Jobo CPE2 plus (from the UK) to do my own processing of LF and MF panoramics but cannot find Tetenal Colourtec E6 3 bath kits in Australia. Don't mention Vanbar, they have a 10 week delay in supplying 5 Litre kits and if they are as reliable as the nearly 4 months wait for a Cokin adapter ring (and then they sent me the wrong one) then my film will have gone out of date!
    Does anyone know of another Australian supplier?

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can't help but interested inthe reply. I have a 1l e-6 kit but ordered c-41 months ago from vanbar. Still waiting

Shooter
    35mm
    Polygot is the man to talk to. He get his fuji E6 kits from Ag-photographic (I think) also in the UK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Indeed. You do need to bug them a bit to make them send stuff (they seem overworked and disorganised), but the stuff is good and way cheaper than buying in AU.

Did you try Fitzgerald's? I'm a little surprised that they wouldn't do LF, though you'll get better quality at home for sure.

Emergency option: courier them to Atkins in Adelaide; they're very good but expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    How much did shipping end up costing for the Fuji kit ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Greetings everyone,
    I get my film from AG-photographic but wasn't sure they supplied chemicals overseas due to air-freight hazard. Will give them a try.
    Use Fitzgeralds for MF, but they don't do LF processing... that would have been to easy!
    Rob

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    How much did shipping end up costing for the Fuji kit ?
    From an email received yesterday from them (in relation to the Tetenal 5l kit, though):

"We can send it – there are some risks, and it’s not cheap either. The best price we have found is around the £50-60 mark. Unfortunately, liquid chemistry is probably the worst thing to ship because of its high weight to low value ratio".

Nothing's easy down here, is it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yep, shipping does cost. I tend to put together a big order to save on shipping, e.g. a C41 kit, E6 kit, Xtol and some paper, the whole lot last time cost about GBP135 to ship. That's still somehow cheaper than local and and you get it in under a week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vanbar sell a lot of separate chemicals, can you put your own kit together from them?
    Older thread in same vain http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...eveloping.html

Or make your own> http://www.opie.net/orphy/photo/dr/wkft-e6.html

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Vanbar sell a lot of separate chemicals, can you put your own kit together from them?
    Older thread in same vain http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...eveloping.html

Or make your own> http://www.opie.net/orphy/photo/dr/wkft-e6.html
    I've often looked at making my own developers (initially Pyro, but now E-6).

Any idea how easy/difficult it is to get the range of required chemicals in Oz? Especially without setting off precursor warnings!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin