Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,044   Online: 792

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Melbourne Metro trains amateur photography permit!

This is now even easier to obtain (you used to have to email them and ask nicely)! Simply download the form here, print it and sign it.

I've carried this permit around for the last couple of years, if only because it's a handy bit of almost-ID that shows you are a harmless amateur photographer. In all that time, I've used it officially once - at North Melbourne Railway Station - to make some large format photos. The Metro train staff were completely friendly about it, after I showed it to them and told them what I wanted to photograph... It probably helped that I had the Wista/tripod slung across my shoulder also, because that combo is fairly charming anyway.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Thanks, Marc. Could be useful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info Marc !

So does one need to have a station attendant date stamp it for the 60 day window or I guess one could just print multiple copies and date them accordingly.

Last time I was in Melb visiting in laws, I had no problems taking photos at stations from Bentleigh to the city but this will add some peace of mind nonetheless.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin