Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,844   Online: 911

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hwakeye and Maco TS films have thin ester base. Even they are 45m roll, they fit into standard loader.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The film is thinner than usual and the 45m reels fit the usual loaders OK. Some square loaders have to be modified to accept film on a reel but all the teardrop shaped ones are fine.
    Not having bought from Aus photo supplies but looking at their site they seem to be offering the film in minimum quantities of 36 rolls. eSPhotos can perhaps tell us what the real situation is?
    I paid $25/roll plus postage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
    The film is thinner than usual and the 45m reels fit the usual loaders OK. Some square loaders have to be modified to accept film on a reel but all the teardrop shaped ones are fine.
    Not having bought from Aus photo supplies but looking at their site they seem to be offering the film in minimum quantities of 36 rolls. eSPhotos can perhaps tell us what the real situation is?
    I paid $25/roll plus postage.
    I am not sure if that applies to their clearance sale items.
    This is the flyer for Hawkeyes.
    http://www.ausphotosupplies.com.au/s...e%202011_0.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    When I said I only have used film with 35 frames, I meant 36 frames. I understand that it's still 35mm, however it's the length im concerned about. I have never bulk loaded before, or used a reusable canister before.
    Could someone explain this process to me? Is kodak hawkeye only available in these long rolls?
    Thanks so much for all your help everyone! Kinda in the deep end here

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks eSPhotos, that clears that up I think. It looks like they want out the door in any quantity.

sunsesame, bulk loading is a subject much talked about right here. Try Googling ('bulk loading' site://apug.org) and you will get a hundred hits. As for 36 exp rolls I doubt you will find them as the target market is (was) speed cameras and the 45m rolls are considered small for that purpose.

You don't actually need a loader as you can do it in the dark but I would caution a tyro against that if it's the first time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin