Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Where to find Kodak Hawkeye 2485 Film

Trying to track down some Kodak Hawkeye 2485 in Sydney.
    Anyone know any retailers? Or online stores, possibly overseas, that ship to Australia?

Or otherwise I am willing to try a similar infrared film that could be tracked down more easily.

Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.precision-images.biz/sdr/...films-surv.htm.

If your buying some give us a heads up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought 4 x 150' rolls of this film. I haven't even dented the first roll. The other 3 rolls are cryovac-ed and in the freezer section. Trouble is I can't remember what I paid for it. I recall the supplier was in WA.
    PM me if you want a roll and I'll try and go thru the old correspondence to find the original $$$.
    Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I'd try contacting surveillance equipment companies and also security firms or building owners that use CCTV cameras.
    With the swing to digital capture and transmission I'd expect a lot of unused film is lying around on shelves in some of these companies after they retired their earlier generation cameras. They might even give it to you if you asked nicely!
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What about 2486 colour hawkeye?

edit: some in that link there!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree. It is quite possible that would be the case. It's the 'finding' that is so frustrating.

I suspect my seller had acquired it that way and decided to unload some on e-bay. I was in no position to argue - I didn't have any contacts in the field.

It reminds me of Plus-X and Tri-X somehow. Not exactly like either but somehow the same. A bit more contrasty than I'm used to. I'm of the old school (60 years) and I like some more greys.

OTOH it's a perfectly fine film, used with HC-110. I'm quite happy to keep it. I even tried it with FX-2 successfully.

Know nothing about the colour surveillance film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.ausphotosupplies.com.au/
    Currently they are selling for $24 per 45m roll.
    They are in Melbourne.
    I use this film a lot. I agree with Murray it's like Tri-X but slightly more contrasty. Top quality film.
    They also sell Maco TS films. That's the one for IR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Fantastic, I will contact ausphotosupplies.
    Yes from images that I've seen Hawkeye has high contrast so I'm very keen to try it out.
    However I am confused about 45m in one roll? I've only ever used film with 35 frames. Is the canister size the standard size? I'm presuming it only comes in 45m.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He means 150 ft roll. Which is bigger than a 100ft bulk loader. It is still 35mm.

I've wound from 400ft rolls onto 100ft loaders. Also wound straight from 1000ft roll into a reloadable canister no bulk loader in a change bag (but using the little bulk loader handle to wind the film canister).

How do you see prices on that site?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    He means 150 ft roll. Which is bigger than a 100ft bulk loader. It is still 35mm.
    I am pretty sure that 150ft of 2485 fits into standard 100ft loader due thinner base (just like TechPan does). Tho, my 2485 is on metal spool which I am not sure fits around loader center core. I roll without loader, in the changing bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin