Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,509   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I ordered a heap of sleeves from Printfile just a fortnight ago - 200 4x5's, 200 70mm's & 200 120 format. That will keep me going for a while... And was a rather heavy box, with rather expensive shipping :-( After umming and aah-ing for a few months, I really couldn't put it off much longer though, because I was either running out (or had nothing to store 70mm negs in), and (like Ian) didn't really want to go to another type of sleeve...

On a good note - the shipping to Melbourne was quite speedy - around 10 days

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why do you guys like the Printfile (apart from the holes)? I buy what ever I can get, which at times causes issues and me having to punch new holes.

That being said, when ever I see the Vue-All sleeves, I tend to get them as a preference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Why do you guys like the Printfile (apart from the holes)?
    Without wanting to sound religious about this (or maybe just a little bit ):
    - I have been using them for a number of years now, and they do not show any signs of deterioration whatsoever. They are very well made and do not appear to tear or split. The rings in my ring binder never tear through their edges either.
    - I like the white strip at the top of each sheet for my notes.
    - The slots are just the right size... I find that I can easily slide my negs into them, but my negs never fall out of them.
    - Most of my negs are now in Printfile sleeves, and I like it that the pages in my negative storage boxes are all exactly the same size (for each film format). So I can easily flip through them like the pages of a book if I want to find a particular sheet.
    - By all accounts, they are truly archival.
    - I can make decent contact sheets through them.
    - They seem very popular, so it seems likely that they will continue to be available in their current form for quite a while.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I am going to order some Printfile sleeves (quite a few) direct from Printfile at the end of this week. If anybody wants some stuff from them while I am at it, and is happy to share an order, let me know!

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin