Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,636   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

'The Local Creative' - a new meeting for artists in the Geelong area.

Hi all,

A few of us are getting together and starting a group for artists of all mediums to get together and chat about all things to do with life as an artist. Here is the email that went out last week, with a link to sign up to the mailing list. Anyone interested in keeping up to date with what the group's doing is warmly welcomed to subscribe to the newsletter, who knows, you may be able to make it down for a visit one day: http://stephenrobb.com.au/tlc.html

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hey Steve,
    don't forget to talk to the teachers and students doing art at the Gordon, they might be interested. And talk to Ricky Munro at the Munro Room in Little Malop Street, near the Reject Shop.
    cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh that's interesting - Christine's organising an exhibition in Geelong in a month or so's time with her research jewellery group - I'll pass this on...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Steve.
    It sounds very interesting, Its a long way from Mansfield, but I do come down to Portarlington often,
    apart from Photography I am also an Artist and was teacher in Traditional Japanese Brush Painting,
    I would come down if its possible
    Cheers Brian
    Life is a journey in the Forest and Mist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Mike, I'll get in touch with Ricky, I got an email out of the blue from the lady who owns Oxide Arts, she threw a few names at me and I'm pretty sure Ricky's was one of them. There's also talk of a new gallery space opening up in the basement of Frank & Dolly's (on Moorabool), where that little coffee shop used to be, the guy that's brainstorming it sounds pretty switched on.

Mark, sounds interesting, do you know where they're showing? If it looks like Laura's sort of thing, I'll drag her down, she's been writing a blog about the good things in Geelong (from a Melbourne persons point of view).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey Steve,

Here's a link to the aforementioned exhibition: http://part-b.crimsoncactus.net/blog/youre-invited/

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Marc, I'll add that to my 'to-do' list, sounds interesting. I'm not really a huge fan of opals, probably because growing up in outback SA they've been a bit 'overdone' for me, so it'll be interesting to see them in a new light.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin